my crx...

RUXcited

Lead foot.
Long story, kinda short. Bought this car with my girlfriend in 97. Drove it til the timing belt broke in 01. at the time i worked at a body shop, so i towed it down there. stock, minus some stupid spray painted stuff and an intake. now it has a fully molded wings west body kit, shaved handles, antenna, squirters, gutters. it sports a full steel 95 eclipse head light conversion. team prototype wide body fender flares, m3 style fender vents and roof scoop. it has a dohc zc, odb0, si trans with blown obx lsd, and its sitting on h&r springs and stock struts.

well, we split up and she needed rent money. so i bought it from her. now its damaged, and i have my other hatch, so i just wanted an opinion on wether i should fix it or sell it. i know body kits and stuff are outdated and custom fab work is not really the "in" right now, but this is pretty much the first car i "built". i did all the body work, i did all the metal work, i painted it, i cut and buffed it, ive showed it and ive placed with it.

so i just wanted some opinions. what would you guys do?

JUNY

"where you at?"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:what:try selling the shelll?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the engine is prolly worth more than the car alone now...

looks like some quality work though back in the day...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:( poor poor crx.

good luck man!

EJ6_COUPE

i would sell the swap complete...or you can take out the body kit and stuff and just make it JDM...could be a fun project =)

RUXcited

Lead foot.
i would sell the swap complete...or you can take out the body kit and stuff and just make it JDM...could be a fun project =)
that was my original thought/plan. but then i remembered the roof is smashed form when the hood flew up.:lol: and the front fenders are cut for clearance when it was dumped on 18s. and the intense amount of work i put into molding that kit on would be more time consuming to take off then to just but a new one and keep all my interior.

ive got the motor sold when im ready. im just up in the air about the whole project?

my daughters birthday is coming up. maybe ill give it to her to fix??? 5 is old enough for a project honda, isn't it?:lol:

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id say if its the first thing you built, keep it. Sure its not the style now, but an over time project like new paint, spoiler, wheels, could be a decent little show car. Id love to have my 89 hatch back, first thing i ever built and i regret selling it.

Hondab18lsd

the sad part is if u would have spent ur money all on the engine istead of lime green paint and shitsubishi front end conversion u would have a reaaaally fast stock looking crx that u could sell or be driving right now. i mean no offense dude but this car is beyond rice all the mexicans where i live drive shi like his

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
the sad part is if u would have spent ur money all on the engine istead of lime green paint and shitsubishi front end conversion u would have a reaaaally fast stock looking crx that u could sell or be driving right now. i mean no offense dude but this car is beyond rice all the mexicans where i live drive shi like his
Please keep negative comments to yourself (you may get warnings and possibly banned). Read the original post before posting, he said that he built the car back in the day when bodykits were the fad.

To OP: I would part out the engine to get some money, then work on the body, and find a new motor and sell it to some high school kids for a "good price".

RUXcited

Lead foot.
Even though you would think I spent a lot of money on my project, I didn't. I did the body work and paint myself. The eclipse headlights were free from a customers car we did at the shop I worked at, and working at a shop makes paint very cheap. Probably only spent $100. The only thing I spent significant amount of money on was the stuff from team prototype. Who also sponsored my car for the 2002-2003 show seasons. But I'll probably slang the motor to my sister cuz she wants it. Maybe I'll start a new chapter for this little guy?? Thanks for All the feed back! And I do have pictures but they are actual pictures, LOL, I will have to hunt down a scanner and post some of it before all this.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks both fast and furious.