My del Sol...

KScivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So after about two years away from the car scene, I finally got a car I've always wanted. I've been driving a '99 EX sedan, so this is quite a change for me...

1993 del Sol Si

The motor was built by mike93eh...

I've since bought HID's, new headlights and bumper lenses, and cat-back. It's currently stock, other than the bottom end. It's sitting on Raceland coil-overs and 15" Rota Torque wheels in gold. I may end up going with different wheels, not sure yet. Also has Corbeau seats and harnesses. Future plans are for boost, shooting for 300fwhp.

I took it to the wash last night. As you can see, I'm missing fogs and my hood is beat. Carbon fiber maybe. I've got new headlights on the way, and HID's waiting to go in. New bumper lights too. Eventually I'll go with '96-'97 front bumper, new OEM fenders and OEM hood, and respray in EBP...

Today was finally nice enough to take the top off...

And some more...

I got these pretty cheap from a friend, brand new from weksos...

I don't really like any of the del Sol aftermarket choices, so I just went plain and simple. I hope they go well with the HID's...

Pretty much temporary exhaust, so I didn't want to spend much. I got this for $130 shipped...

So yesterday I had time to get my headlights and HID's installed...

BEFORE...

AFTER...

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like it, i like the old headlights better just because they look like my own paired with a set of black housing fogs but thats just what I liked...either way a lot cleaner then mine by far hope you enjoy it.

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry computer lagged

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice sol, any neat mods coming anytime soon?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice car bro, really nice car...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awesome car bro. (My mom said it was nice. Haha)

KScivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like it, i like the old headlights better just because they look like my own paired with a set of black housing fogs but thats just what I liked...either way a lot cleaner then mine by far hope you enjoy it.
damn..nice del sol
Nice sol man.
Nice car bro, really nice car...
Awesome car bro. (My mom said it was nice. Haha)
It's a great start so far, you got a sweet ride
Thanks guys!
You thinking about getting a lip?
Yes, haven't really looked into which one I want though...
nice sol, any neat mods coming anytime soon?
Not really. I ordered some LCA's I guess, hopefully turbo goodies will start piling up soon...

I did get the chance to get my exhaust on today...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks goot man, iv always wanted a delsol, i was looking for when i got my 240

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i fear that i am just a tad too tall for one of these, but i have always liked them. you said that you did not like the headlights on the car, have you ever thought of doing a 5th gen front end swap? i think it makes that car look so fresh and so clean.

civikid97

D-series
5+ Year Member
:cool: Really nice Del Sol. I actually think you should keep the rims the blue and gold combo makes the car look hella sexy imo. Wish I could have found a Del Sol when I was looking for a car but I love my hatchback. =)

KScivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i fear that i am just a tad too tall for one of these, but i have always liked them. you said that you did not like the headlights on the car, have you ever thought of doing a 5th gen front end swap? i think it makes that car look so fresh and so clean.
I'm about 6'2". It is a bit of work getting in and out, but well worth it. I can't wait until it's #100 degrees out and I'm rolling topless. I thought about the EG front swap, but I actually prefer the '96'97 front bumper...

:cool: Really nice Del Sol. I actually think you should keep the rims the blue and gold combo makes the car look hella sexy imo. Wish I could have found a Del Sol when I was looking for a car but I love my hatchback. =)
Thanks. Thinking about keeping them. I really want polished J-Mags in 16" or polished slips in 16". Still considered the white Meshies, don't know yet.