My DIY JDM Amber Cluster

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got the bulbs from Autozone. The 194 will be a lighter color looking bulb, but when lit up, matches well. All the bulbs i listed are the ones you need and thats it. the #24's are also used as side marker bulbs so the fading shouldnt be there.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EJ6Civic27 said:
Is it really considered a "mod" then?
well its modifying the car from its OEM factory state, so yes. lol

Looks sick man, glad i gave ya some inspiration to get moving on this!

Stince... no, dont get those lol DO NOT. I tried that, i had light spots/dark spots, it was gay.

Simply get INCANDESCENT/HALOGEN bulbs in amber.

stince

Banned
yeah, thats what i heard, but i also heard it was quite brite in the climate control area.. as long as they are 360* bubls

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
stince said:
yeah, thats what i heard, but i also heard it was quite brite in the climate control area.. as long as they are 360* bubls

nope... had those, results were lame. lol. just get halogen

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah...halogen/incandecent ATW (all the way).

thinking about relocating my headunit today but....not sure if i want to yet since i dont have a block off plate.....

I think the amber cluster is starting to grow on me....hopefully this week i'll get around to doing the climate control..just gotta find the bulbs.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hatchkid35 said:
do you have any pics of where the bulbs go in the back on a 96-98 cluster?
search the how to thread.... oc civic has a write up

red needles?

i dont really think so lol :P

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its all of the brown plugs...! Not the black ones...the black ones are the #74's....!! Replace only the brown plug bulbs.. !

Hatchkid - were you able to find an amber #194 bulb..?

I think i'll feel better about it when I do the climate control and everything matches.

juanjoseh22

5+ Year Member
thanks for the info i just did it. Ill get pics at night time, it was easy, went to auto zone and got all the bulbs and took me like 5 min, thanks again.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r said:
search the how to thread.... oc civic has a write up

red needles?

i dont really think so lol :P
why not? like in the em1 clusters...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
juanjoseh22 said:
thanks for the info i just did it. Ill get pics at night time, it was easy, went to auto zone and got all the bulbs and took me like 5 min, thanks again.
did you pick up the 194 amber bulb that they had...? the 194 that i got is from wal-mart and its more red than amber. cant wait for the pics.

Hatchkid35

5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
Its all of the brown plugs...! Not the black ones...the black ones are the #74's....!! Replace only the brown plug bulbs.. !

Hatchkid - were you able to find an amber #194 bulb..?

I think i'll feel better about it when I do the climate control and everything matches.

i got an orange looking one just like the other 24 bulbs. on my cluster i think i have 2 (194) bulbs and 2 (24) bulbs on the back of my cluster. did you use the other 2 (24) on the top lights on the needles or not?

juanjoseh22

5+ Year Member
Genuine Rolla said:
did you pick up the 194 amber bulb that they had...? the 194 that i got is from wal-mart and its more red than amber. cant wait for the pics.
yes all were the same brand and they look the same color but i couldn really tell like in 30 min im gonna take the pics and also i fix the raddlin in the beck speakers the al the civiics normally have

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think its cuz you have an auto cluster (correct..?) could you post what the amber 194 bulb looks like..? the one i saw was a much lighter amber than the 24's. I didnt touch the two 74's that light up the needles...because there is a blue filter there that makes the needles more white.