My Driver Side Window Keeps on Gettin De-railed....

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i just finshed fixing my problem for the sencond time now this has happened before it is the secong in 2 months that this has happen but i dont now why any1 know??? also i think my motor for the power window is dying because after i finshed when i tryed to close it, it went half way up thenstopped, and i had to tug it a lil for it to go up again.... any help????

AChase

5+ Year Member
I had the same proble in my 97 ciivc. Though it is a automatic roll up window, it kept on de-railing, so I bought a new one online, frome some oem honda site. Ill try and get it poster later. BUT I do have good news, Once I installed this it compltley fixed my window, so thats what I would do, I really wouldnt want to waste my time trying to fix a fed up one.

This is the site, that told me how to figure it out. http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl068d.htm

THis is the site that I got the window regulator from. http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/home.jsp

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've got a buddy that works at Honda and this kept happening to my car. Once you get it back on the rail again, take tire shine (like the black magic stuff) and spray it down in the rubber seals on the edge of the window. I was skeptical about doing this, but it really works. Hasn't happened since, and you only have to clean your windows once with stoner glass cleaner or windex to get the excess tire shine off

xenoicity

Honda Technician
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2 words...

SILICONE LUBRICANT

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It COULD be the regulator as well.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mine does that too, just roll it down only half way.

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've got a buddy that works at Honda and this kept happening to my car. Once you get it back on the rail again, take tire shine (like the black magic stuff) and spray it down in the rubber seals on the edge of the window. I was skeptical about doing this, but it really works. Hasn't happened since, and you only have to clean your windows once with stoner glass cleaner or windex to get the excess tire shine off
are you serious??? it actually works??? imma have to try that when ever i get free time

Mine does that too, just roll it down only half way.
yea thats what im doin now jus incase it wont get stuck

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my window kept derailing..

the rail was straight, but the rubber was cracked and so i bought a new rubber piece and that solved it.

pathogen

5+ Year Member
Anyone know where you can buy the rubber peices online + the outside window trim and the roof weather strips?

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just happened to me this morning on the way to work. I can see where it jumped the rubber tracking. AHHH! Happend on my other EM1 like a week ago to.

ThaJokaa

Buildin..???
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just happened to me this morning on the way to work. I can see where it jumped the rubber tracking. AHHH! Happend on my other EM1 like a week ago to.
that sucks jus take out the sidepanel and roll it down jus before it hits to stop theres a small hole where u can take the screw out thats in the inside by the sterring wheel u gotta remove the plastic though and the unscrew

mark84

5+ Year Member
try lubricating it in. Works on mine, I have no problem with it going up or down now.=)

Black99CivicSi

Honda GSR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i just finshed fixing my problem for the sencond time now this has happened before it is the secong in 2 months that this has happen but i dont now why any1 know??? also i think my motor for the power window is dying because after i finshed when i tryed to close it, it went half way up thenstopped, and i had to tug it a lil for it to go up again.... any help????
mine did the exact thing,.... i had to replace the regulator that holds the window in place b/c theres plastic rollers in the regulator and one was chipped in half, i also replace the entire window seal (one piece) after that i have had no problem out of it, rolls up and down fine,give it a try though