My DX

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
My DX 94 (Updated Pics)

I've been gone from this site for over a year, so as a return I've decided to post some pics of my DX's new look. It was originally Aztec Green (you can actually see it on my avatar and my profile) and decided to paint it Metallic Dark Blue; I don't know if you can tell in the pics but when the sun hits the paint it brings the metallic out and sparkles. My car is a stock DX but I've added some of the following extras:
  • OEM Dash clock
  • OEM Tweeter speakers
  • OEM Cluster with Tach
  • OEM Arm rest
  • OEM Fog lights replacement
  • Drilled/Slotted rotors
  • and of course the rims and tires
I'm looking to add power mirrors, power windows, and even A/C. My original engine went out after only 65,000 so now I have a real JDM engine now under the hood. =) Anyway, I hope you guys like it; I know I do. he he.
Cloudy afternoon:

Inside:

Then the sun came out:

A butthole broke my mirror outside the local Best Buy:

UPDATE, Engine:

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good. But I'm not feeling those rims. Drop it and you're good to go.:thumbs up

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
paint looks great bro..! rims are eh..but a drop would be nice too..! What engine did you swap in..?

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
lol, that's too funny. Nobody here has ever liked the rims. Is ok though, the funny thing is that I live in a small town (3x3 miles literally) and since I painted the car blue (about a year ago) I've seen now like three dark blue custom paint cars with white rims. LOL.
The engine is the same, I couldn't upgrade it because the only local shop that would do the swap would only do for the same type engine for about $1,200; no upgrade. The other local shops wanted me to buy a brand new engine for about $4,800 and I didn't have the money. But is ok, I'm happy with having my car back.

fliposopher

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new paint looks nice, and i'm not feelin those rims either. make sure you post pics of the engine next time :D

stdeath1101

f**k it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like the rims and the paint..

any plans on lowering it? that would be cool

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That thing must be good for mud boggin', 4x4 status for sure. Hahahahaha, but for real, I really like it. Color is nice, I'd go with a good drop and some amber corner lights, not feelin' the clear ones. Unlike everyone else, I don't mind the rims, I think the white looks nice.

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
I'm definetely considering to lower it but I won't be able to do it too low for this town is plaged with "dips" in almost every other intersection. I'll post some engine pics tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your positive and constructive criticism.

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
That thing must be good for mud boggin', 4x4 status for sure. Hahahahaha...
Yeah, my car is the new generation of Hybrids: part road racer, part dune buggie. lol, now that's what I call an SUV. he he. I do want to lower it, any suggestions of what shocks/coils to get? I don't wanna get ripped off but I don't wanna get cheap parts either.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, my car is the new generation of Hybrids: part road racer, part dune buggie. lol, now that's what I call an SUV. he he. I do want to lower it, any suggestions of what shocks/coils to get? I don't wanna get ripped off but I don't wanna get cheap parts either.
I ordered some Tein S-Tech lower springs from Speed Fiends on here for 180 shipped. They drop the car 1.8F/1.7R, I'm going to be posting pictures of my car with them on, as I just installed them on Saturday. My car is on 14's so it will look a bit lower than if you were to use the same springs. But, if I were to do it over again, I would get coilovers, Ground Controls, Skunk2, Tein, they all got good models to pick from. Basically you need to decide what you want. I can't tell you much about common good coilovers becuase I never looked into it, I just went the cheap route and got new lowering springs and put them on my stock shocks.

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
...I just went the cheap route and got new lowering springs and put them on my stock shocks.
Can you do that? can you use only lowering srings on the stock shocks? I was told that I needed to get also different shocks if I were to lower the car. I'm not a racer so I'd just do the lowering for looks; so if is ok to by just getting lowering springs and this won't damage the car in any way then I'd go that route too.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can you do that? can you use only lowering srings on the stock shocks? I was told that I needed to get also different shocks if I were to lower the car. I'm not a racer so I'd just do the lowering for looks; so if is ok to by just getting lowering springs and this won't damage the car in any way then I'd go that route too.
Max you can go is probably 1.8/1.7 drop on stock shocks. If you want to go more than that, you'll need to get some aftermarket shocks and aftermarket lowering springs, or just get some coilovers. If you just want an overall drop, nothing huge, but definetly noticable, then go with some lowering springs and throw them on your stock shocks. I was in the same boat, and found out it's ok to do. From what I heard at least.

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
UPDATE:

I just added a couple of engine pics as requested by many of you. Is just the stock stuff although this time around is a JDM engine since the original canadian engine went out on me. I had a blown head gasket and the morning I took it to the shop to change, when I turned the engine on I heard a loud bang and the engine shut off on me. The next day, at the shop, they told me that one of the piston rods was bent and that the best course of action was to get another engine. So I opted to get a JDM engine for $1,200 "out the door"; a brand new engine would have cost me $4,800. More than the car's KBB.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Max you can go is probably 1.8/1.7 drop on stock shocks. If you want to go more than that, you'll need to get some aftermarket shocks and aftermarket lowering springs, or just get some coilovers. If you just want an overall drop, nothing huge, but definetly noticable, then go with some lowering springs and throw them on your stock shocks. I was in the same boat, and found out it's ok to do. From what I heard at least.
not so true, im dropped 2.5'' with Tein coilovers on stock shocks and they have been fine for a little more then a year now.

CivicDX94

5+ Year Member
Kewl but ouch, I can't spend now $1,000 on Tein coilovers :(. Is there a cheaper alternative?