My EDM 55plate EP3 Civic TypeR

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
starting of i did put this up on here before how ever my online photo album died and cant find my old post so here we go again =)

Well this is my 3rd Honda Civic and the one I have always aimed at getting from going to the N.E.C in 2000 on the press day when the car was 1st officially unveiled to the general public, I have always planned on getting one. And finally in August 2010 managed to get my hands on this one. It’s a 55-plate Civic Ep3 Premier model one of the last production run from Honda before releasing the FN2 in 2006. Looked up and down the country for one in satin silver with the Spec as mine has air con and most did not as it was a costly extra.

With it being a premier model it comes higher spec than a stock UK model and has some JDM parts fitted as standard mainly to enhance its looks to sell the last of the EP3's off. As standard the interior came with the actual Recaro seats from a jdm model but trimmed in black and red not just red, it has a red carpet through out same as the JDM model and Momo leather steering wheel again as the jdm model, the exterior is treated to factory tinted glass through out and as its a face lift model all the other usual refinements such as a lighter fly wheel different front and rear lights as well as a different front bumper.

First thing was to give the car a good clean and then take it to pod see if anything needed doing before I started modding after a mega weekend of thrashing it only came to light that better tires where needed ha ha.

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So since getting the car apart from keeping it clean getting new door handle inlays from Honda and genuine car mats extra, up to this point I had not done any mod's this is when it all started the 1st one was getting a new gear knob as the standard Type R one was looking shabby so I fitted a Mugen one, Whilst I was at it I decided to fit a double din DVD player and again as all the fascia was of a parrots hand free kit just to make the inside a bit nicer place to be.

I then had the urge to fit some Genuine Honda wind deflectors and managed to get hold of a pair look sweet on the car.

I have also fitted with macro from race tech a Mugen twin loop cat back its mega love the look and noise and as my aim is to build a fast road car it does not get on you nerves like some do.

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As the car was needing some brakes i decided to go all out and invest in some upgrades with Hell braided hoses all round and DBA gold series 300mm front rotor's and Ferodo DS2500 pad's.

Since fitting the brakes i have got hold of some Spoon Sports lowering springs, as I did not wont the harshness of coilovers or it to look like the suspension has failed. And looking into it you cant improve on the standard set up much by Honda them selves. can not find my pictures of fitting them as soon as i do will post them up.

Recently i changed the exterior white lights for L.E.D's and the headlights for H.I.D'S to give the outside a cleaner and fresher look.

apart from this just been keeping it clean :D

yesterday managed to fit some Eibeck front and rear camber adjuster's and have taken it in to Tanvic tires Worksop to have a full aighnment set up its loads better now turns in so much better loving it now just pricing up the next load of bits.

one for marc

And due to me needing two new tires and adding a curb to my alloy i decided to get these.

Hope you like so far.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks great, lot's of very nice upgrades. The only thing I don't like is the rims, ditch the Rotas and go back to the OEM wheels and your golden.

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thing is here in the uk type R's are becoming ten a penny and they all look the same i did like it on them, and in the long run hope to be able to afford some mugen mf10's one day, but fornow i like these though because it makes it stand out from the crowd and look slightly more motor sport influenced

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All those legit parts, and you buy rota's geez

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad man, but im gonna have to agree with everyone else on the wheels...

Decipher

Registered VIP
I liked the old rims better also, but that doesn't change the fact that this car is gorgeous. Well done.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Paint your stock rims if you want to be different. The rotas just kill it but they do look good regardless.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Everything is nice...but the wheels. Whatever floats your boat. Nice progress on the car.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It was looking great!!!! Until the Rota's.....

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm hurt no love for the rims ha ha I do like stock but damaged one, these don't weigh much at all and I liked the style, is rota a bit of a no go brand over there then as there used quite often here in the uk a lot get them for being cheap reps not what I was after that's why I stayed away from
Things like slips n grids, but they even use them in the uk time attack and track day very well ?