My eg coupe t - boned :( questions!

purpleeg

I was t bone while i was stopped at a stop sign by a 1990 suburban with no brakes he ran into my drivers side door at about 45 miles an hour. I am worried that when his insurance adjuster comes out they will only give me kelly blue book value, which obviously wont be crap since a excellent condition eg is only around 2500 max, my question is will his insurance company reimburse me for the money i have invested into the car. He was most definately at fault. Can you get pain and suffering for whip lash? please only people that know what they are talking about reply. thank you

rob-

im sure you wont get more than blue book for car.Hope you towed it to your house and your taking the goods off of the car but anyhow good luck .....

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to be a cool smooth talker if you want more

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
get a lawyer

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you have reciepts for all the crap that you put on the car then there's a possibility that you can "smooth talk" them in reimbursting you all those parts.

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I went through this when my civic was rear ended and totaled. First thing you should do is look for other comparable civics for sale by dealers, print them out and keep them. Second, try to find all the receipts for the mods you have done. Chances are they won't pay you for the crap you have done to your car but it doesn't hurt to try.

As for pain and suffering, even if you didn't get hurt, go to the doctor and tell them that your neck is hurting they will most likely send you to a chiropractor. Play that up for a while and then tell the insurance that you will settle if they give you a certain ammount of money for future chiropractor treatment and then just keep the money.

I did this after my accident and was given $4500 for my EJ8. 3 months worth of chiropractor visits and an additional $3,000 for future visits which I didn't need and just used to pay for my current car.
All without a lawyer.

Hope this helps.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To be clear... your car looks like it's probably totaled?

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went through this when my civic was rear ended and totaled. First thing you should do is look for other comparable civics for sale by dealers, print them out and keep them. Second, try to find all the receipts for the mods you have done. Chances are they won't pay you for the crap you have done to your car but it doesn't hurt to try.

As for pain and suffering, even if you didn't get hurt, go to the doctor and tell them that your neck is hurting they will most likely send you to a chiropractor. Play that up for a while and then tell the insurance that you will settle if they give you a certain ammount of money for future chiropractor treatment and then just keep the money.

I did this after my accident and was given $4500 for my EJ8. 3 months worth of chiropractor visits and an additional $3,000 for future visits which I didn't need and just used to pay for my current car.
All without a lawyer.

Hope this helps.

Isnt that fraud?

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
same thing i was thinking, i wouldnt brag about it on a open forum

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If youve covered it in the insurance then they will. I think you have totell them the list of the mods you have done and the value of them to the car insurance in the comprehensive part to insure them. If not then KBB value it is.

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Isnt that fraud?
Not at all, the insurance never paid for any chiropractor visits that weren't real.

The 3k they gave me were for future visits If I needed It

Insured people can do what they want with the money given directly to them. If I were to have made the insurance pay for chiropractor visits which I never went to that would've been fraud.

/thread jack

Edit: oh wait, I see your point. My bad. Don't listen to me OP I don't know what I'm talking about :lol:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You won't get any money for the mods unless they were previously covered. My agent stressed that when I switched, so I gave what receipts I could, and had others made to cover all of the stuff I have, and what receipts I couldn't produce, he took pix of my car and then added the coverage that way.

What all was done to your car? Is fraud even WORTH the amount of money invested?

You only have I BELIEVE 24hrs to claim injury after an accident to hold the other person liable and them pay for it. I think.

purpleeg

yeah i went to the hospital after a few hours went by after the accident. at first i didnt feel anythingi geuss i was in shock, once i got in the tow truck my neck got stiff and my body started aching horribly. i have a appointment with a lawyer at 5 today ill keep you all posted.