My eg hatch from begin to current

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Before i started doing any work to it bought the car from a crack head lol. had cut springs holes in muffler.

Added spoon mirrors and suspension

Blox LCA's and custome 2" exhaust with 4" outlet tuned back to a gsr muffler now

Last edited:

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
painted top black instead of the primer grey

side shot with black HX's and spoon mirrors

Spoon duckbill added

Spoon lip just arrived and installed

start of the primer

Fogs installed and bright

OEM carbonfiber hood

How low can i go sat an inch off the ground annoyed my wife lol

more primer pics

painted the HX's Baby Blue

started the spoon outline and paintjob

Skipped the spoon paint and went all blue

Traded the HX's for some ls webs

more pics to come added NRG quick release and ctr reps and jdm headlights with amber corners in 2 weeks D16Z6 swap

Last edited:

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all rattle can wife just got me a gun for anniversry so probally gonna respray with gun but u can hardly tell its canned

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like where this is going. Definitely a good call on the all blue versus the spoon paintjob.
and the ls webs.

EJ1SWAG

nice. Yeah if you use enough paint and clear coat you can get some pretty good rattle can paint jobs with a good cut and buff. I'm in the process of getting mine painted also

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can hardly tell its canned
Especially from afar.
The hood pins and silver or gray fog light trim, distracts a little from it.
Eliminate the pins and paint the trim black would help that.
Overall, I like the color combo of the blue with the wheels, it looks good.

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea im gettin the nrg carbonfiber hood pins soon and i was thinkn of painting the cover black when i first got them but ive gone back and fourth now i had imput on them i think i will and hanks for all the compliments

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not to sure EJ1 its made by rust-oleum its there lighter blue it was 3.77 a can at wal mart lol

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not to sure EJ1 its made by rust-oleum its there lighter blue it was 3.77 a can at wal mart lol
NICE! lol, ive noticed that to get good results with a can you have to have a pretty good idea of what you are doing, good job, looking forward to see what it looks like once its painted with a gun.

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks way better with the webs and all blue. I like the lip left black but thats just my opinion. I'd have to say scratch the z6 swap and go B series. Theres just not enough power in the D. Its looking good tho I'm stoked to see where you go with this!

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
everyone around here has b series figure i do a nice clean d series lol plus all i can afford till wife lets me get b18c in it. yea i was gonna leave it black but wanted to color match it to see how it looked but think i rather have it black

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks damn nice. Similar color that I want to paint my car and plan to do myself lol.