My EJ6 build...

projekz

5+ Year Member
Well, this is exciting! I decided to start a new project due to the lack of available parts for my 09 Fit Sport! I picked up this 97 CX for cheap because it needed a steering column (someone broke into the car but didn't steal it). The car is 100% stock and the interior is in awesome shape.

Dirty engine bay!

So far I've picked up and Acura 1.6EL cluster-mostly because I wanted a tach but I also like the amber lighting.
I've got some gold Skunk2 rear lower control arms and a Seibon Spoon replica rear spoiler with LEDs. I've installed a B&M double bend short shift. I'm waiting to get my CTR EK9 black Recaro seats along with EK4 front and rear brake setup. The plan is to drop a B20 in the next few weeks hopefully with a GSR tranny. I'm still undecided as to what suspension setup I want to go with. I need something that's gonna be driveable on a daily basis with the kids in the back and that can take me autocrossing on the weekend. Any ideas? I will post more pics tomorrow when I get back to work.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have fun with it, and hope you keep it clean.

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good choice with that cluster. amber lighting is sweet for cars as old as ours lol

car looks pretty clean, except for the engine of course. keep us updated!

projekz

5+ Year Member
Here's an update. I installed some Eibach Sportline springs I had laying around. I also installed my Skunk2 rear LCAs. Next step is getting the rust fixed on the rear quarters and getting the new engine installed.

dropped and Spoon replica mirrors:

Cluster:

clean interior:

Gold!!!! :

brick

Nice. Could you get any better pictures of the side view? I have a set of Sportlines here waiting to be put on and am curious about how they look. Also did you get it aligned? how much out of wack was the rear camber and toe if you don't mind me asking. Good to see another EK.

projekz

5+ Year Member
Well, I did get it align and it wasn't really off...except for the camber a bit but nothing much. I had to do an alignment anyways cause I replaced the inner tie rods.

I'll take some more pics tomorrow.

projekz

5+ Year Member
Car is at the bodyshop getting the rust cutout and the rear quarters painted. I'll post pics when I get it back.
Anyone has any experience with decent coilovers that don't cost $1500? I was thinking about getting the Form and Function Type 2!?

projekz

5+ Year Member
Update!

Got the car back from the bodyshop today.
Rear quarters before :

and now:

Also got my Spoon shift knob and my Seibon Spoon Style carbon spoiler...not installed yet.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
About how much did that run to get your quarters fixed? just wondering cause mine are starting to rust out.

projekz

5+ Year Member
Well, here bodywork is expensive so it costed me $1100 for both side. From what I've heard it's a lot cheaper in the US.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1000 bucks for that much rust??? damn thats a lot man, how much was the car?

projekz

5+ Year Member
Looking for some 15 inch Advan RG in any color if anyone has some for sell.
I'm still working on getting my power windows and locks so I can have a little luxury!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theres some on hondatech and nwp4life... advans that is...

y didnt u just paint the rest of the car when u got the rust fixed?

projekz

5+ Year Member
I can't afford it right now...I'm gonna get the rest of the car done over the winter as soon as I get SiR bumpers. I'm gonna focus on the mechanical side of it for the next few months as this will be my daily driver, I got rid of the Fit.