My EK4 Build. B16 Sedan. 6 years in the making. Keepin' it as JDM as possible.

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My EK4 Build Timeline. B16 Sedan. 6 years in the making. JDM parts. Yey!

I've had 3 EK Civics so far, my current being a 2000 Civic SiR (EK4), yes, EK four. Philippine spec B16 sedan. Our counterpart to the USDM Si, I suppose. Picked up my EK4 in 2005, but before that, I owned a 96 VTi D16Y which I desperately tried to set up. Paint job, fake SiR rims, Mugen style lip, and a bunch of other crap not worth mentioning. Starting off with my 2nd Civic :

Had it painted a custom blue, with gunmetal accents (lip, skirts) and a 2000 model ass conversion, red/white tails. Custom rear wing.

Back then, for some reason =), I thought it would be COOOOL to paint my interior pieces silver, and add an aluminum 3D gauge bezel, to compliment my oh so wicked Momo shift knob (back when Momo shift knobs were the s*** to me.). Installed a "Mugen" suede shift boot too. All the while, I did not have one single authentic Mugen part on my car. Haha.

After gettin' tired of the old blue Civic, which began to give me headaches - power locks not working, engine overheating often due to a rad problem, and overall lack of POWER!!! I opted to finally upgrade to a 2000 SiR. This time, I started putting whatever money I could put in, to slowly build it to the specs I wanted. Starting off with painting, touching up the dings and dents (there were a ton of 'em). Taking off the fart can ricer muffler was a priority too, of course. Had to roll with that muffler for a while though before saving up for a better one. Dear God, that was uggghhhh hideous.

after lowering and slappin' on a CF hood, Sheepdog muffler, Top Fuel intake, and Rota GT3's, I came across a pair of black Recaro SR3's, later on I put in red Milleniums instead.

Still thought rockin' the gauge bezel was cool at this point. Haha. Should've let that thing go years before this point.

Was lookin' for a set of authentic rims after I got sick of rollin' on Rotas. Bought and restored a set of Mugen RG wheels, 15s. Also found a Mugen header (used), and I started purchasing other little things - switched from Tanabe to Tein S-Tech springs, Mugen Reservoir covers, oil cap, rad cap, strut bar.

Mugen RNR, 15x6.5. I would end up eventually repainting these wheels to white.

Within the first 3 or 4 years, I had acquired CTR gauges and shift boot, Mugen pedals and shift knob, JDM A/C vent, JDM visors (with vanity mirror), and to compliment the Recaros, I reupholstered the rear seat and sidings with black fabric.

17" Work Emotion CR Kai wheels. My first taste of something beyond 15s!

I started to collect certain JDM parts, some hard to find. Then I decided to look for a lot of Mugen parts,both used and brand new.

After a track day, the Mugen header burned to a nice bluish gold tone. Which I thought looked pretty wicked.

Restored a set of 5Zigen N1R Becketts wheels. Custom matte grayish bronze. Volk lugnuts.

Decided to drop some coin on coilovers. Tein Super Street. F*ck the S-Techs. :D I'm very happy with how it handles now.

A couple of years ago, I decided to do a little makeover. Put on a CF OEM-style front lip (I got really sick of the Mugen replica front lip at this point, seeing as everyone had one.), and Mugen replica side skirts to match my Mugen replica rear skirts. I'm not a fan of replicas but I'm not trying to pass these off as the real thing. A genuine kit is hard to find and VERY expensive.

Also threw in a Honda Access wing. Another replica, because Holy Jesus! It's hard to find an authentic wing like this!! Will buy one when i find one on sale. A select few have the genuine wing here in Manila. Saw one in Hong Kong. And that's about it.

Waited so long for this muffler, and it cost me an arm and a leg too. But I had to have it! :twisted: Mugen Twin Loop!!

Changed my filter last year. HKS air filter, got a generic cooling plate, Skunk2 batt tie down, and cleaned up the bay a little, moved the HID wiring outta the way, along with some misc. wiring. Not a full tuck, but whatever.

Mugen RNR wheels, Repainted to white, with blue Volk lugnuts.

My car's color, Passion Orange, is a stock color for the SiR here. So EEEEEEVERYBODYYY has it. I like the color, but after 6 years...ugh. Splurged on a paint job for a new fresh look. Also added a few parts to the mix: Spoon style HC Racing mirrors (CF), JDM EK 1-Liner Grill, changed my fogs to JDM Raybrig units.

custom gray with a hint of bronze for the engine bay, and door moldings.

Installed a CTR short shift linkage. I wasted money when I first bought a crapppy brand short shifter - the damn thing broke when I shifted on the highway one time, like the actual shift stick broke in half!! Like a twig. Anyway, I'm very happy with this upgrade. Shifting feels tighter, better.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209
/6826/img1732l.jpg

Now I know a lot of you will think "SiR grill looks better IMO." blah blah. Yes, I know the CTR/SiR grill is nice. Which is why I still have mine tucked away at home. The 1-liner grill is just for a different look. Painted the center area gray too, to match my moldings.

Please don't give me the ever so typical comment - "Paint the lip.". It's a CF lip, and I like it the way it is. IMO its better than the Mugen replica lip. I also painted the headlights - dark chrome, to resemble CTR units. These are not the blacked out smoked headlights that everybody seems to be tired of. Had the specially painted to still have that chrome effect, just darker. PLus, the guy cleaned 'em real nice for me too.

This one took me 4 years of searching the local forums - Civic Type R A/C console. 1-DIN version. To match the CTR gauges. Was very happy when I found this piece! Hard to find one that isn't scratched up and sh*t.

This is how the car sits now. After putting a lot of time and money into it...BOOM. I'm close to how I've always wanted the car to be. Of course, this is a never-ending game to me...there will always be different setups and looks to try. Different parts to buy. Anyway, I slapped the Work rims back on, however, the Honda Access wing has not been installed yet as of this point. Gonna do that soon though.

Christmas came early for me last year. Spoiled myself once again. Bride Vorga with CF back! Was lookin at a pair of Black Recaro Speed seats last month, then I thought..."AWWWW fu** it!!! I only live once!! Imma make you mine Bride!" Will post pics of the interior some other time. Also in the mix is a new aluminum radiator, Billion radiator hoses, Spoon engine damper, Spoon F/R towhooks ( very rare, I recently found out), ASR rear subframe brace. And I will also be showing people how to DIY install Bride Holding Monster stickers on your windshields =) yes, I'm very knowledgeable in sticker sticking.

So there it is guys, let me know whatcha think. Comments are most welcome. Positive or negative...lemme know. I'd really like to know how this style rubs off on different people. Especially now, with all the emerging styles and trends. People are getting tired of this and that, however I believe the JDM style is here to stay. It is evolving though, which I find to be cool. Mixing in some US made parts, plus the low offset wheel trend, nice to see something new once in a while. Anyway, I LOVE MY EK! For real! And I can't imagine letting it go, even for something better. I'd just keep it, and buy something better at the same time. Lastly, I'm glad and proud to say that I will NEVER EVER NEVER EEEEEHHHVER rock Rotas or any other replica wheels again. No offense to Rota owners. I just hate it when I see guys here in my country rockin black Slipstreams, and a replica Spoon muffler, and the whole Spoon team sticker package, just to sport a Spoon themed car. Does not impress me. Ok, that's enough. Peace out Club Civic.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice progress..what happen to the rear mugen's? i think the mugen replica lip looked better..i would've painted that too and have the option to switch between the two because, because the front lip now is c/f(black) it makes the sides drop down too low without anything in front or rear to balance it out..try getting your hands on the ek4 tall spoiler..that would be really nice to have and would make me jealous..i always wanted one on my coupe

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I screwed the mugen rears back on recently. They were painted last so I didn't have them right away. I know whatcha mean about the front lip not matching the sides. Took a while, but this look grew on me. I just got reeeeeaally sick of the mugen replica lip. I see it everywhere. Not a fan of the high oem wing. However, I started liking the mugen wing after seeing it on some nice clean EKs here. Yours included.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn that car has been through a lot :lol:.

You should paint the sideskirts black to match the front lip. It looks very awkward matching the car. Overall love it though! :like: :thumbs up

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the comments JohnS. Yeah, I see where you're comin from. Seems the skirts aren't are a perfect match. However, I'm happy with the way it is right now. The look has grown on me, I know it's not for everybody, but I just like the look of 'em on the car. Your input is appreciated! I guess you COULD say that it's been through quite a bit. Probably coz I never had the money to buy everything all at once. I had to save and save and save up.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pretty nice so far. Digging the legit parts you've been picking up. A genuine mugen lip should be next on your list

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is really making me want to build my DD but instead of the coupe..maybe ill do both.

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
clean car dude! and just my :twocents: but I like the CF lip and the painted sides.
Thank you, sir. I like the skirts color matched too.

Pretty nice so far. Digging the legit parts you've been picking up. A genuine mugen lip should be next on your list
Haha. Yeah, Mugen lip would be tits! Came across one once but it was too expensive. And yeah, I love legit parts. I try to stay away from replica parts like rims and stuff. Though I'm guilty of using replica skirts, mirrors.

This is really making me want to build my DD but instead of the coupe..maybe ill do both.
So you have a coupe AND a sedan? Build em both! One for performance, one for looks.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good, but it sucks that its not rhd and not 5 lug!

but, i can dig it!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow, so many faces! great work. keep the pics coming!

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn! ganda ganda ganda!!! lol represent PI tol! good job!

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey Jeders. I remember you from my last thread a few years ago. You got a white one right? Pinoy power. Thanks for the comments everyone. Will post pics of my other parts soon. Still tryin to make my damn Spoon towhook fit somehow. Bride seats have been installed and they're reeeeeaally comfy yet sporty. Lovin em.

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did an auto makeover! Paint job. New seats. New Enkei rims. Will post pics soon.