My EM1 Complete K20A Swap!!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so just to recap..

8 MONTHS ago you were getting a k series "soon"
NOW 8months later you are GOING to buy an equally ridiculous motor...

its going to be really hard for people to believe OR for that matter care...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
close it OC....

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread dissapointed me smfh

nismo.racing.23

5+ Year Member
ya i was lookin into the k20 8 months ago but when doin my research, and some advice from friends i realized that it was goin to be a money pit. so now ive decided to do the b16b. for those of you who dont believe this will happen, just have fun cleaning yourself up when i post pics. :D and once again the motor will be here middle of this week and ill be taking a s**t ton of pictures when it gets here and so on and so forth. and just a question how many of you guys actually have the b16b or want one?

nismo.racing.23

5+ Year Member
so just to recap..

8 MONTHS ago you were getting a k series "soon"
NOW 8months later you are GOING to buy an equally ridiculous motor...

its going to be really hard for people to believe OR for that matter care...
i just wanna clear one thing up here... the complete change over kit has already been bought and its been on a freight truck since friday and will continue to ship even today. so i am expecting it wedneday and when it comes ill be takin pics of it to show. oh and btw does anyone know where i can get a CTR red strut tower brace? and the jdm b16b air intake system?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id rather have a k20..

ill believe it when i see it..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just wanna clear one thing up here... the complete change over kit has already been bought and its been on a freight truck since friday and will continue to ship even today. so i am expecting it wedneday and when it comes ill be takin pics of it to show. oh and btw does anyone know where i can get a CTR red strut tower brace? and the jdm b16b air intake system?
umm king motorsports or one of the other jdm suppliers...

and it not shipping today cuz its sunday..

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for those of you who dont believe this will happen, just have fun cleaning yourself up when i post pics. :D and once again the motor will be here middle of this week and ill be taking a s**t ton of pictures when it gets here and so on and so forth. and just a question how many of you guys actually have the b16b or want one?
Now I'm really confused. Why would we clean ourselves up?

thanks... but i havent even started my project yet.. im still prepping what i want to buy and kinda gettin a price range, i know granted, its gonna be a lot of money... but i was tossin around this idea in my head last nite... would it be sweet or not to have a unibody fab job done to my em1? like have everything bondo-ed and welded together? besides the doors, hood and trunk... but like the fenders, bumpers and quarter panels? like i said i was just wondering if anybody has thought into it themselves.. let me know what you guys and gals think...
So when did you realize that this was a retarded idea?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its already been done..
everything u could possibly think of has already been done..

nismo.racing.23

5+ Year Member
umm king motorsports or one of the other jdm suppliers...

well im sure that mugen wouldnt carry the oem air box i know they have an aftermarket one for the b16b thats like 800 bucks.. and the the ctr brace u wont be able to find ive looked high and low and i found nothing

and it not shipping today cuz its sunday..
Correction: it IS in fact shippin on a sunday because i paid extra for an expedite shipment so therefore it needs to ship today to make it here on time and steve and his secretary also confirmed that it will ship today...

Now I'm really confused. Why would we clean ourselves up?

well i was just using that as a metaphor because your gonna s**t yourselves when the b16b is gonna be in my bay area. i dont know if i will s**t but ill def be drooling all over it (that was sarcasm btw)

when i found out that the b16b was the overall better honda motor to boost and that you really only see k20's supercharged and thats not what i wanted to do. plus u can only get this motor in honda civic type r's which originally found in japan but know u can find them in the states... so i figured that it would be a rarity of me to get this motor and swappin it into the em1. and i think ill be the only one in the state of nebraska to have a b16b in an em1 so thats another reason y i wanted to do.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and itll get stolen...

and u have never seen a turboed k?
cuz i see them all the time..

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I see way more turbo K's than supercharged.
a B16B the best motor for boost? really, more like the best motor to push your tuner's skills to edge.

CivicSiGuy07

5+ Year Member
yea i honestly see both around where i live supercharged and boosted, B16B is something id put in CRX, ur K-series sounded like the better investment, but the a2; get more for the $$$

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Correction: it IS in fact shippin on a sunday because i paid extra for an expedite shipment so therefore it needs to ship today to make it here on time and steve and his secretary also confirmed that it will ship today...

when i found out that the b16b was the overall better honda motor to boost and that you really only see k20's supercharged and thats not what i wanted to do. plus u can only get this motor in honda civic type r's which originally found in japan but know u can find them in the states... so i figured that it would be a rarity of me to get this motor and swappin it into the em1. and i think ill be the only one in the state of nebraska to have a b16b in an em1 so thats another reason y i wanted to do.
sigh...

if you are just going to turbo it why the f**k would you buy a b16b when you already have a b16...

BUILT b16 w/ boost > stock b16b w/ boost

rare? in what universe... theres not a whole lot left with hondas thats rare... the second motor swap i EVER took part in was a b16b swap.. that was roughly 8 years ago..

and whats the whole cleaning ourselves up about? i dont even know wtf you are talking about there?

you took a car WITH a b16... spent THOUSANDS to get another b16...maybe its rare because its a bad idea. ;)

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude, he's just trying to f**k with you, stop f**king tripping.

well i was just using that as a metaphor because your gonna s**t yourselves when the b16b is gonna be in my bay area. i dont know if i will s**t but ill def be drooling all over it (that was sarcasm btw)

Why would a grown man drool over such a thing? Are you a fanboy? By the way my post was about your idea to mold all the body panels, not the swap. I have no idea how you managed to butcher my post in your reply.

Honestly I think you just came to the realization that a B swap is more cheaper and reasonable, not to mention a lot easier to instal despite your lack of knowledge in the subject.

nismo.racing.23

5+ Year Member
well im not gonna go for the build just quite yet im gonna keep it clean maintain it and just buy lil things that will satisfy me until i start shoppin around for some kits. and no i just didnt buy a b16b when i already had a b16a2.. my a2 was worthless bc who ever the dumb f**k who put it in beat the s**t outta it and im pre sure its not gonna hold up much longer thats why i bought this other one... im gonna be usin this car a dd in the mean time possibly overhaul my old engine and see it or something.. who know i just may part it out as is... idk yet but i do know that the b16b is on its way and will be in my car soon... thats all i really care about is a strong clean well maintained motor in my car to get me from point a to point b... =)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
getting a b16b that hasnt been rebuilt and that hasnt been ravaged is gonna be a feat in itself..