my em1 got hit :( massive rattling noise

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
so..i was on my way to school and sum a*****e comes out from nowhere and hits my rear left wing and my bumper,

the bumper is f**ked on the side and the body panel is dented /creased like a b***h.

and when i slow down or drive at slow speeds i can hear a MASSIVE rattling noise coming from behind.

i got a quote for a repair, i was quoted £758 (about $1400 USD)

the guy who hit me is only willing to pay me £200 (about $400 USD)

THE QUOTES ARE ONLY FOR THE BODYWORK, they do not include prices for the random rattling noise.

he is being a f**king a*****e....

i know u guys may think this is a pointless post, but i loved my em1, it was the most cleanest em1 ever, no dents no scratches or stonechips...and now its been hurt :(

what could the rattling noise be ? i need to get that checkd out too so i can get the a*****e to pay up.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is anything hitting the tire. your suspension parts are probably messed up. lca's...trailing arms?
why is he only paying 400...dont you have insurance where you live?

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is s**t dragging? did the tire get hit?

why not go through insurance

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
is s**t dragging? did the tire get hit?

why not go through insurance

the tire got hit too, if we go through insurance then my total premium price per year is going to shoot up by 100%

if i make a claim then they are going to bump up my insurance, and as a young driver im already paying a s**t load of cash for insurace so i dont want to go through insurance

he only wants to pay $400 USD because hes being a cheap a*****e.

what do you think the problem could be, would it be a major problem? the rattling sound can only be heard when im moving slowly, mayb the exhaust sound cancels out the rattling sound when im going faster.

help me please guys.

i have never been this stressed over anything in my life!

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
insurance is cheap as s**t for me.
lol, dude im in the UK....insurance is the biggest legal con in the UK

im 17 and im paying £4000 ($8000 USD) for insurance on my car. my em1 only cost £5000 ($10000 USD), but due to bullshit laws of insurance etc. i have to pay the amount for $8K

I work part time , that only pays of like half of my insurance.

UK SUCKS BALLS

so any help with my problem?..watsup with the ratling sound?

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
i wish i lived in the US......

we always get the shitty european honda models, with shitty european built engines and shitty european designs...u guys get the JDM models!

ive complained about the UK being a shity place to live at least 6 times on CC lol

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, dude im in the UK....insurance is the biggest legal con in the UK

im 17 and im paying £4000 ($8000 USD) for insurance on my car. my em1 only cost £5000 ($10000 USD), but due to bullshit laws of insurance etc. i have to pay the amount for $8K

I work part time , that only pays of like half of my insurance.

UK SUCKS BALLS

so any help with my problem?..watsup with the ratling sound?
:shocked2: Is insurance required over there? If not, f**k paying 8 grand a year.

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
yep, insurance is defo required over here.....you WILL get arrested, go to court and face charges if you drive around uninsured. lol.

but yea,,,as i said earlier...its the biggest legal con ever.

so any help with my problem?..watsup with the ratling sound?...i need to get it sorted asap

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
he is being a complete asswipe about the whole situation, if he dosent pay me at least 80% of the repair costs, im gna torch his car.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^^^^i like the way this kid thinks...

lol. i hope things work out. i suggest moving here...

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
^^^^^^i like the way this kid thinks...

lol. i hope things work out. i suggest moving here...
thanks man. hell yea, im defo moving out to the US when i hit around 23.

btw, lookin at a previous comment in this thread.....is insurance optional in the US?

and anyone have an anser to the rattling problem?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Could be numerous problems as far as the rattling goes.

My first guess is that he bent the exhaust and it's causing the piping to rattle up against some part of the car. When me and my buddy installed his Apexi WS2, the piping by the muffler rattled up under against the fuel tank. Few zip ties and different rubber exhaust hangers fixed that.

Or you might've messed up your suspension. Check for anything bent, out of the ordinary.

If all else fails, jack that wheel up where you hear the noise and spin your tire while listening and watching.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no one is going to have an answer to your rattling problem, your car got hit.. something is rattling, look at it up close and try to figure it out, theres no way to know without seeing it in person

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
ok, thanks for all the help and support guys...i realy appreciate it.

ill check the car 2moro morning (its 11.14 pm here at d mo)...ill get back to u guys asap.

thanks again!

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the tire got hit too, if we go through insurance then my total premium price per year is going to shoot up by 100%

if i make a claim then they are going to bump up my insurance, and as a young driver im already paying a s**t load of cash for insurace so i dont want to go through insurance

he only wants to pay $400 USD because hes being a cheap a*****e.

what do you think the problem could be, would it be a major problem? the rattling sound can only be heard when im moving slowly, mayb the exhaust sound cancels out the rattling sound when im going faster.

help me please guys.

i have never been this stressed over anything in my life!
here in the states, your insurance wont shoot up if your not at fault.

It should be the same there.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Insurance is required in the US also, but Ive never heard of such an outlandish amount for it.