My first car!

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Ok before anyone thinks im a trust fund baby the car was bought for me for a few reasons. I get straight a's, i cut grass, and i stay away from drugs and what not. I was going to be given my fathers 2000 civic ex, it has a 97 gsr swap and sits on fat fives. Well i got my permit and told him my plans for the car adn he realized he couldnt part with the car because i wanted to get the darker si trimming just for a personal preferance. So i found a civic on craigslist. We go tthe car for 3600. It is a 2000 civic si. Now it has 205,000 miles and pulls almost as hard as his gsr it will only fall bhind off the line due to the 16 pounds of torque difference and after third gear a b18c1 will beat a b16a anyways. It had a decently built suspension with no motor work done other than an Apexi WSII exhaust. It has Koni shocks, Eibach springs, Blox lca's, the guy gave me an itr sway bar but informed me i need a dc2 subframe in order to use it for it will crush my subframe (i do have a dc2 subframe now), Rota Circuit 8's on Nitto Neogen tires 205-50-15, OEM fogs with PIAA yellow bulbs, 6000k HID conversion, and a Skunk2 weighted shift knob. As of now all i have done to it (until summer time) is a JDM carbon fiber gauge inlet, a JVC headunit, and an intake i forget which brand it was though. Waiting for the summer i have JDM civic headlights, another set of taillights i am going to tint to see if i like them or not, a set of Megan 4-2-1 headers, and a 10" Sony Xplod sub with box. I am trying to get my hands on one of the Greddy 18g turbo kits although i have been talking to a guy about a JRSC for it, an Edelbrock intake manifold, a Skunk2 70mm throttle body, Skunk2 stage 1 tuner series camshafts, a S2k steering wheel, a Skunk2 short throw shifter since i can shift fast enough, and at some time i would like to get a pair of 15" LS meshies and powdercoat them black or white if not leave them the polished aluminum.

I would have pics posted but i do not know how to post them. If anyone is interested to see them please pm me on how to get them up hereeee. lol if not i can send pics by phone just pm me the number if you want phone pics. I do pay for maitenance ( keep up and aftermarket parts) and i will be paying insurance and gas once on my license. :lol:

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:welcome: Upload your pictures to photobucket and use the IMG code to upload them here...

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
One more thing i have had the valve cover coated candy red too. lol

Thank you E_CiViC_K i will make a photobucket account now lol how do i upload them? plug my phone/camera in and save them to the computer then upload to photobucket?

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Ok i have a bunch of pics for you guys! lol im going to get them on here now. I realized i forgot to mention the camber kit too. Sorry im forgetting a lot :x

First are pictures from the guy i bought the car from so i havent done anything to it just yet

This is once i got it home i was geeked lol

This next photo is of my EM1 and my dads GSR swapped EX

Now is the whole wait and finished product of my powder coated valve cover

Now is the installed JDM gauge inlet you can tell if you call my bluff its JDM i have the honda packaging and by the parking brake symbol

Now my headlights and sub to be installed

Thats it for now once my header comes in i will post more. If you guys want pics of something i didnt get enough of just let me know ill be happy to post more =)

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow your car is clean bro, the header is gonna make the bay look way better...

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Wow your car is clean bro, the header is gonna make the bay look way better...
Thanks =) and yeah i know i hate how the stock ones are rusted :'( once the stainless Megan headers come in it will be sexyyyy =) hopefully i can get a nice heat treated purple color going on in them, i like that look haha

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't tint the taillights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imo it looks like s**t especially on this color. Keepin the stock tails make it beautiful.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
nice and clean but man look at the miles dont be surprised if certain s**t starts happening unless previous owner was faithfull and nice to her..lol.

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Don't tint the taillights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imo it looks like s**t especially on this color. Keepin the stock tails make it beautiful.
I have 2 sets its just roll on stuff to an extra set my dad had lol ive only seen one look decent idt im going to keep it on but i do want to see. The tint idea started to sound gay to me about 2 weeks ago lol thanks for your input though =)

Idk how to do multiple quotes so ill just address the people lol. purpej1 thanks for the comment =) and yes i do faintly know the guy who owned the car before me, he ran all OEM parts in her and never replaced one motor part so the motor still rums strong but im prepared lol. I would wait till the motor blows to turbo or supercharge haha

DeathLens thanks =)

Shaaaft i will post more of the EX when i uploaded pics i accidentally skipped the one when i washed and waxed it so i will upload that soon and ill go out and take some of it now, but beware it has steelies on it now and it is winter here lol

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Here is the fathers car

This is one of the summer testing on a Tsunami bumper cover he has

This is the photo i skipped when it was cleaned and waxed

Over this next summer we hope to get some nice pics of both cars parked next to each other and what not lol

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Forgot to add in fathers specs: he has the GSR swap, fornt + rear strut bars, DC sports stainless exhaust, GSR fat fives, and SRI intake, the same JVC headunit as me (but his doesnt change colors :D lol), a copper shift knob, red stiched shift boot, Sits on Tokico Blues spring + shocks but it getting different spring for up front since the front sits higher than the back lol. His plans are Blox lca's, a camber kit, lower the front of course, put in a swap bar, and i got him a pair of 15" meshies but still to be picked up. If i remember anything else ill post =)

askaterincville

5+ Year Member
Nice pickup for 3k thats a steal for how clean that car is! But the supercharger I have wont work on your car, its for a d series engine not a b series.

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Nice pickup for 3k thats a steal for how clean that car is! But the supercharger I have wont work on your car, its for a d series engine not a b series.
yeah i am glad i got it haha and thats right i remember reading that when i read it the first time lol i cant believe i forgot haha

EDWINV00SI

PROJ3CT EM1
WOW you bought your em1 pretty much stock that's awesome! there's hardly any stock si's out there in cali. both civics are clean:thumbs up

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Yeah since i am not very into doing suspension work, which i know a lot more about it now, i got this with basically all stock performance pieces so i could do it myself =) The only other Si's i have seen around here one is almost about to fall apart for it is veryyyyyy rattly and the other was so riced out i wanted to hit it so it would have at least 1 stock bumper in it and the stock hood/spoiler hahaha it was the most riced out one around lol. But i like the people that get hatches around here with the sohc motors and build the suspension and try to race me because they do not know a b16 would beat them hahaha. do you have more pics of your EM1 on here? Thanks for the comments too! =)

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Hey guys did some of the taillight tinting tonight so i am showing you the comparison between tinted and non tinted. I have only tinted the two smaller pieces of the lights not the curved pieces yet. I still have another set of lights if these do not look right haha

Let me know what you think =) idk if i will like them or not :/

FD2fem

Im so jealous ive always wanted a car like yours! Sounds like you know alot about cars. I just bought some side markers do you know the measurements for 07 si. And the tinted ones look great!

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Im so jealous ive always wanted a car like yours! Sounds like you know alot about cars. I just bought some side markers do you know the measurements for 07 si. And the tinted ones look great!
Hahaha thank you! =) and well i guess i know enough for being 16 but i need to know more lol. Which measurements? like where to put them? Yeah the look good there but ill have to see on the car, i dint wanna look riced haha