My first Civic

88DX

Hey everyone! I just picked up my first Civic yesterday. It's an 88 DX hatch. I am nitpicky when it comes to stuff working right so I have already started a few repairs. First the low beams are inop, so I did all the TS through fuses, bulbs, etc and have ordered a new headlight switch through E-bay. I also ordered some new struts for the rear hatch since they only work about half the time. Other than that it seems like a sound little car. I am having an issue with erratic idle though, so I will be doing some more research on that this weekend. I read up on some parts that I should remove and clean. I'm not good at all the terminology and lingo, but I think I have the basic idea of where to start. Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" and look forward to picking your brains for advice!

Brandon

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome. Post some pictures of it.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Herro :hi:

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

CivCity

I just picked up my first car on the 6th its a 91 DX hatch i gave it a good cleaning and i just got a few things from the local scrap yard (body trim, window trim, that little flip down cubby) so its now 100%

this is my first car so my first build. im starting with painting the interior. do you know what you want to do with your ride?

88DX

It's going to stay basically stock for now aside from a stereo. I'm a full time student so money is kind of hard to come by these days. Hell, I haven't even had a chance to wash it yet! haha! Congrats on your first car man! I remember how happy I was when I got my first taste of freedom!

88DX

Alright, I am going to start digging in to the car tonight to try and fix the surging idle problem. I've read on here that some Civics have a IACV and some have a FITV. I was curious as to what my car has being an 88 DX so I can look at the correct videos on YouTube. I'm also going to pick up some carb cleaner and an old toothbrush on my way home. Is there anything else I might need? How long of a process is this? Thanks for the help!