My gradual 2000 EJ8 Build!

6thGeneration

Hey there, I bought this manual 2000 Civic EX about a month ago after having a 97 EX auto for a while. I absolutely love 6th gens and I have high hopes for this one. I have many ideas and plans in mind and I'll post pictures when they turn to reality. It'll be a slow build because I want to do it right and clean. I'd love your guys input and let me know what you think. I bought it for 3900 before taxes from a local dealership. I know its a little much but for one that is 100% stock, has no mechanical issues, and only 160000 miles I'm very content. It also came with brand new tires.

Right now it's 100% stock other than the NGK Iridium spark plugs I put in it.

And If anyone know what I can do about these two minor problems right now I'd appreciate it.

6thGeneration

And I'd also appreciate it if someone could tell me why my pictures are working and how to make them work. Thank you.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Upload your pictures to a pic hosting site like imgur or photobucket then copy the forum link with the
button at the top of the comment box and post the link in the pop up box

6thGeneration

So I took apart the interior to clean it all. Looked cool to see it in pieces to me ha

Should I post all of my plans for the car? I'd really just like to get some feedback.

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And I'd also appreciate it if someone could tell me why my pictures are working and how to make them work. Thank you.
well there working because there working, lol. your civic is clean. not really diggin the hubcaps. prolli best to just take them off or get oem honda hubcaps

6thGeneration

Well I pretty much wanna do the entire car. This will be my first time ever really doing anything with cars and its kind of a new found passion. Ive gotten a lot of people telling me I shouldn't waste my money but I don't feel it'd be a waste by any means and that's all that matters, right?

I also need help with a lot of the parts as in what's quailty and what's not. Reviews are pretty iffy and I don't have any first hand knowledge.

First of all I want to keep the car black but eventually ill repaint it because the current paint isn't the best. My color scheme is going to he black with blue accents. I want bronze or gold rims on it.
Exterior wise I want to but a kore square front lip on it but nothing really big, almost stock looking. I'm gonna do fogs and HIDs first off. I wanna lower it but not a large amount either, prolly only about an inch.

Interior I want to do the standard stuff like a new shift knob and boot I want to change the carpeting and quarter panelling to black along with keeping blue accents on the interior.

Performance wise I eventually want to swap in and boost it.

Its a crazy dream of mine and I'm sure it sounds like I'm a retarded fantisizing teen but I want to do it and id appreciate help along the way. There's some stuff I left out but Itll come up when its time.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean slate..but blue accents as in..painted blue vents and stuff?

6thGeneration

Blue accents as in a blue strip along the bottom trim of the car, emblems, interior things, and blue HID's

I also took off the hubcaps so now I'm just rolling on steelies.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Such a clean slate! I wish more of them looked like that, yours is just too clean and unmolested.

Dont ruin it with those blue accents OP, thats going to look very tacky. My brothers S2000 came with the badges, lug nuts, and valve stem caps all painted blue for the "accent look", and it looked terrible.

I also would look into some floor mats to protect your carpet since it looks very clean.
http://www.amazon.com/HONDA-CIVIC-BLACK-FLOOR-MATS/dp/B007XZJZSI/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1338134485&sr=8-9

6thGeneration

Well the only reason I wanted to do the blue accents is because I saw this sexy ass white evo with blue accents at our local street races one night and I thought it would give it some character apart from just the standard base one color look everyone does.

I want floor mats, the other day I went to pick n pull and realized that was a complete joke of an idea. Oem price is outrageous and the ones car places sell are tacky and ugly so I'm either going oem for way too much money or aftermarket type R some kind but they're black which makes me want to change the carpet to black.

6thGeneration

Well I'm redoing the interior this Friday. After wayy too much research i decided to go with SEM color coat interior paint which is apparently way legit and way better than Duplicolors interior paints.

I just came across this guy in town who specializes on working on Hondas and I got talking to him for some time, he can do virtually anything with my car so I'm even more motivated to get everything started now. I'll be gettting all of the other interior pieces through him so I'll post pictures when I'm done and during the process.

emerican

Registered VIP
for just floormats i got my set of ebay in the factory interior color they where decently cheap arent ugly or tacket and fit great.

6thGeneration

How much? OEM? Cause I've only seen legit ones for 60 dollars or more. No outrageous but maybe there are other options.

emerican

Registered VIP
they arent oem but fit exactly as good just look a little different and obvisly dont say honda on them or anything, but they match the 6th gen grey interior color and only cost me 35

6thGeneration

I haven't posted in a while!

Since the last time I was on here I painted my interior blue and Black with the SEM car interior paint which I was very disappointed with. I did all the prep work you could ever do and the stuff just doesnt last on the plastics and vinyls; although it does work rather well on the fabrics but still can be scratched off.

My stereo got stolen one night that it was parked on the street so I replaced it with a double din stereo instead of the standard single din which I really like.

I did my brakes because mine were extremely warped so I just replaced the rotors and pads completely. The rotors were the original ones that came on the car as far as I could tell from all of the rust and how hard they were stuck on haha and I went with the best grade for the replacements.

Next I'm hoping to do rims and tires within the next month. I've been looking at Enkei EDR9's but I was wondering if anyone else could give me some suggestions on better quality/somewhat inexpensive rims. I'm looking for some black ones with a simple pattern. 16 inch and also I'm curious on the limits I will have size wise. It's stock height right now but I plan on lowering it slightly in the future. Any help?

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm a big fan of Sprint Hart CP-R's but if your on a budget Rota Track R's are your best bet.