My K24/K20 Build 800ish WHP

Buy a new EG, fully restore current EG, or drop in my RSX-S?

• New EG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Restore Current EG

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Drop in RSX-S

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

unix4linux

what fuel are you going to use?
I am going to tune on both 93 for low boost (between 400-500 whp) and Q16 for the higher power. I'll also be running windshield washer fluid and/or alcohol on my methanol pump. I still have to see how easy it is to find denatured alcohol at my local hardware store. My home depot sometimes is out of it so windshield washer fluid would be easier to find on a rainy day.

Last edited:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where in Cape Canaveral are you located? I work out at the space center ;)
literally near the port. if you have ever been to millikens, or fishlips, or grills, or rustys... i live like 1/2 a mile away from there.

what do you do at the space center? my dad is a manager out there in a govt contracted job.

unix4linux

literally near the port. if you have ever been to millikens, or fishlips, or grills, or rustys... i live like 1/2 a mile away from there.

what do you do at the space center? my dad is a manager out there in a govt contracted job.
Ahh ok, I know the area. I am a computer scientist at the space center. I do Senior Linux System Administration and Programming. What contract does your dad work on? Is he on the new ESC?

unix4linux

All,

I have given my website a new face-lift. This one is in Drupal. The other page was a bit static causing issues with blogs and table alignments. This page is more dynamic and gives me room to add more stuff with greater flexibility.

More updates coming soon. I should be building the engine this weekend so lots of updates coming. =)

PS - feel free to sign up if you'd like to comment on the pics

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahh ok, I know the area. I am a computer scientist at the space center. I do Senior Linux System Administration and Programming. What contract does your dad work on? Is he on the new ESC?
oh boy, im not sure what program he's with... his name is Gregory Pierce if that rings a bell.
computer science huh? do you know Robert Pierce? thats my uncle...

I have to say, your build sheet thus far is quite impressive! whats your plans for the shell? if you need help straightening it out or body work, i can help there too.

unix4linux

oh boy, im not sure what program he's with... his name is Gregory Pierce if that rings a bell.
computer science huh? do you know Robert Pierce? thats my uncle...

I have to say, your build sheet thus far is quite impressive! whats your plans for the shell? if you need help straightening it out or body work, i can help there too.
Doesn't ring a bell. I'll look him up and if he happens to work in my building, I'll introduce myself =)

Thanks about the build sheet. Well, I'm fairly new to the body work area and planning on doing everything myself. However, I could def use the help if you are free on any weekend. I had a friend and his dad stop by and suggested I use my RSX since I can't get the car/shell to his shop. They do minor body work so the car can't just sit there at their shop for days. I don't mind venturing on the body at all. So if you can help me out, I would gladly appreciate it =)

unix4linux

If you take a look at the site (link in first post) or here, you'll be able to see my parts list of things I already have and the price/cost. Sitting back, reflecting, and $11,000 later, that is a lot of money and still have a lot to buy. I haven't even touched suspension, body work required, roll-cage, ECU, injectors, intake manifold, throttle body, new transmission with PPG gears, axles, exhaust, exhaust manifold, etc., etc., etc.

My point is that sometimes people say "Oh, I spent $25k building my car" and others will say "how is that possible". Well, if you look at my sheet, you'll see why. I include EVERYTHING I spend money on, including latex gloves...LOL. The reason is because everything you spend money on even to clean the brake's with brake cleaner is still money spent towards the project and that all adds up.

unix4linux

I just picked up my block from getting bore out a bit more for piston to wall clearance. I also got my crank balanced and micro polished. Had to get the conrod bore a bit to fit the wrist pin from CP. here are some pics:

My K24A4

View of the cylinders

One of my rods bore out

My new ARP stretch gage

My ERL modified S2k oil pump

unix4linux

I'm out and about right now and haven't had a chance to update my site but thought I'd share some info and pics of today.

I checked my crank at the mains for clearance and read right at 0.038. The service manual says that for a new crank it should be between 0.017-0.041 so I am right on the money there =)

I installed my ACL race bearings and thrust washers. Put some assembly lube on the bearings and dropped the crank in. I the locked it up with the girdle/bottom block and torqued it to 55 lbs/ft. That's the spec when using main studs from ARP. Tomorrow I'll check the rods for clearance and if all checks good, I'll finish assembling the bottom end =)

Weight reduction during balancing

Plastigage

Checking main clearance