my LED gauge cluster (just did it), Help needed filling in dim spot

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i got my bulbs from autolumination.com today. There were 5 total.

I replaced the 5 bulbs in my gauge cluster with blue LEDs, looks pretty good i think, minus a few things. For one, one of the bulbs (the larger bulb that i had to order) is a slightly different shade of blue (more turquoise like) than the other 4 bulbs, but its not that noticeable. Also there are a few dim spots here and there but its not that bad. I am satisfied for now, i will eventually fix all the dim spots and possibly replace the large bulb to try to match the other bulbs. Here is a relatively bad picture (camera couldnt get a good focus), its bad but atleast you can see how it looks kinda. the camera did some weird stuff with the light also.

has anybody else here done this with their car? I think i am going to replace the bulbs in the climate control to be blue leds next.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks nice, i want to do this mod one day

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i woudlnt reccomend doing it with autolumination.com seeing as how i got 2 differnet colored bulbs lol. its not that noticeable (cant see it in the pic, but its a diff color around 20mph spot, and 6 and 7k rpm spot) so its not that bad.

Bzart

5+ Year Member
Your cluster has the best results for simply led swaps. I have a 7th gen, order the same bulbs as you and mine looked like crap. I put the original bulbs back in cause it was that bad. I plan on buying a spare cluster, about $40, to take apart and run leds all through the insides to get the right look.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah. i have a dim spot in the area with the fuel and temp gauges though, so i have to order another #74 bulb to put there

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just ordered some bulbs from superbrightleds.com

Can't wait to do my cluster. I have a 5th gen though.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
adjust the dimmer switch and see if it could come out any better

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im gonna have to ghetto mod another led in i think, its kind annoying, the dim spot that is. other than that im very satisfied. i got the tri-power leds and i was being dumb and trying to bend one of the bulbs (DONT DO THIS) and one of them broke off at one end, so now instead of being soldered to the other bulb, it is just laying connected to it lol.

slamDunk

if you fly, im flew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good man! i think i have an extra blue led..

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it still works but im wondering if i go and buy a blue led from radioshack to fill in the dim spot, is it going to match the other bulbs? (the #194 already doesnt but w/e its not that noticeable).

slamDunk

if you fly, im flew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lordofdark176 said:
well it still works but im wondering if i go and buy a blue led from radioshack to fill in the dim spot, is it going to match the other bulbs? (the #194 already doesnt but w/e its not that noticeable).

i think it should match up. hey when u gonna do you climate controls?? im need some pointers...lol

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ill get to that this summer probably. it already looks really bad with the gauges blue and the climate white and my radio (being that its an Si radio) is red lol. woot for mutli colors. any way to get the radio to be blue also?

Porker

Fukin' Bent y0!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you got the part numbers for those LED's mate?? This is something i really want to do to my EK. Loos awesome :cool:

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i used the tri-power #74 bulbs on autolumination.com but i dono if it was just that type of bulb or something but i have a few dims spots that are really bugging me lol

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LED Gauge fixing

okay so i need to fill in this dim spot on the fuel / temp gauges, so how do i go about doing this? what kind of LED do i buy from radioshack, and how exactly do i seat it inside the back of the gauge cluster? dont just reply with a link and say "read that" because i've searched and red every single thread about led gauges on here and its just not explained well enough on how to fill in the dim spots. like if i just buy a blue led from radioshack will it match the other leds?

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone know the amount of bulbs and the exact ones i need for a 93 hatchback civic ex? my cluster has the RPM gauge on left then the MPH gauge and the coolant gauge and the gas gauge on the right side. i want to know how many bulbs andwhat sizes so i can order.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well on the 6th gen civic (1996-2000), there are 5 bulbs, 4 of the #74 bulbs and 1 #194 bulb, not sure wat it is in ur car. but you have to understand its not just plug and play, theres going to be dim spots that you have to fix by adding more leds yourself in, so dont think you can just order some lights and put em in, do your research well before you order the stuff.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lordofdark176 said:
okay so i need to fill in this dim spot on the fuel / temp gauges, so how do i go about doing this? what kind of LED do i buy from radioshack, and how exactly do i seat it inside the back of the gauge cluster? dont just reply with a link and say "read that" because i've searched and red every single thread about led gauges on here and its just not explained well enough on how to fill in the dim spots. like if i just buy a blue led from radioshack will it match the other leds?
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=61940&highlight=LED