My lip is gone...

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lucky! ive seen two or three civics in ohio with oem front and rear lips. sexyness

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
These front lips fit perfectly without any hardware even. Not that I would suggest driving around with them without hardware.

wfw12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice pick up for sure. lip plus cash back is a hell of a deal

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lip does perfectly hold itself up without hardware. That is how it is in the picture!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Lip does perfectly hold itself up without hardware. That is how it is in the picture!
It looks like the previous owner painted over the black rubber trim along the top of the lip. If you want new trim, I found a place to get stuff that's really close (not available through Honda).

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Actually yeah I was wondering. I think I kinda miss the SiR lip just a little. It kind of matched with my CF hood. Now I need to get my side skirts painted too...But I've been wanting to so just another reason. I've sanded, primed, but never painted body panels. Is it bad?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like that a lot

OEM>SiR

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Actually yeah I was wondering. I think I kinda miss the SiR lip just a little. It kind of matched with my CF hood. Now I need to get my side skirts painted too...But I've been wanting to so just another reason. I've sanded, primed, but never painted body panels. Is it bad?
Let me get a price quote in a couple of days. I think it was maybe $10-12 or something when I bought it. I was very picky about the design of the trim though. It's not exactly like it, but it's really close (most is way way off).

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Time for you to be mad at me... Do you happen to remember the color of my BNIB front lip?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think it was silver...
Nope.

Thought you might like to see some green ones. =) I have a whole folder of photos of this lip kit (on all different bodies).

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh wow...
And you got it repainted. Ouch lol.
Seeing green ones is exciting though lol. I need a rear lip now...
Did Honda make a side skirt to match? Because I think the front and rear lip sit pretty low in regard to the sideskirts...Side shots?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The sideskirts are the same. Different part number, but the same. I believe watisjdm's car actually originally came with the full package, but by the time he got it the front was gone. He has sideskirts and the rear since he bought the car.

Here's some pics though. First, some file photos from Honda. Sorry for the bad photo of the photo of the front. It was difficult to get a decent photo of it. It was the best I could do from the manual.

Also some pics of mine with the stock sideskirts (technically mine were sold as Si sideskirts).

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The rear lip matches the sideskirts because of the flair, but it looks like the front lip sit just that much lower. I guess I'll have to live with it or find sideskirts that flow perfectly(I doubt that'll happen). I can't wait to get it all painted though.Thinking about doing it myself to save on labor but...Would I get a cheaper price if I prepped it for paint and literally just had them paint it?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Probably. I'd call around. I got my front bumper, front and rear lips, driver's sideskirt (had a chip in it) and grille shell painted for $300. When he didn't get the color perfect (he knew I was pickY), he repainted it all for free. Oh, and he did it all tricoat too. =)

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's a heck of a deal!
Thinking I should just wait until I get the rear lip too....
But I don't like not having a lip...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I went without a lip (any at all) for almost five years. I think you can deal. :P

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's awesome that you found one congrats, I still think they look kinda Tsunami ish though, and yes I've seen them in person.