XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Time to swap out the LX head and in with the EX. Vtec y0.

Pics:

Starting out...

Sady taking off the manifold

Valve cover off...

No head, took out cruise too...

Sady standing in HIS honda lol. It's so... empty. I'm even excited for his B swapp

New VTEC head (well not new, but new to me)

Scraping off the new z6 (happy AngelMR?) manifold gasket

Manifold on, nice EBP valve cover too

Done =)

My GHETTO-rigged throttle cable.. didn't have a bracket so I used the strut lol

ECU Wiring

Overall it was a success. Took pretty much two days to do, because we ran into some problems with timing. Unfortunately, the (new) head I put on is not so new, and needs valve adjustments. I have absolutely NO low end power. I can barely get the car going in 1st gear lol. But up around 4k RPMs or so it's nice. And VTEC does work, so once i get this valve problem adjusted (and a new bracket for my ghetto rigged throttle cable) I should be gooood. and BIG Help to Sady... definitely knows his stuff (EJ6Civic27 on here).. thanks man

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha. Wow.....what a damn project this was. :rolf: You forgot the pics of my lonely Civic. :lol:

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:thumbs up

Looks like it was a great time..! Glad to hear that it was a success. Looking at the final pic of your engine bay, reminded me of shady's when he still had his D in.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha I added a few of those pictures in, and thanks Petey... and that's what we said too about looking like his lol

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Niccce!!! Did you notice more power in the high end?? Get that timing fixed so your car can be fun to drive. :D

The head looks pretty dirty though. My car has 160000 and under the VC, its shinier than that.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Niccce!!! Did you notice more power in the high end?? Get that timing fixed so your car can be fun to drive. :D

The head looks pretty dirty though. My car has 160000 and under the VC, its shinier than that.

sure did haha. And yeah it was left out for a while and a lot of oil dried on it. Plus it looked like it had some rust, but should burn off. There was about 116k on this new head I think...

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I actually think it's the cracked exhaust manifold thats giving me no power. 2" long crack right up to the primary o2 sensor, and I THINK thats why I'm getting a code for a heated o2 sensor.. replacing with header today.. we'll see how it goes

AngelMR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats not a y8 manifold, which u should change that manifold to a y8

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I had that same crack bro and it didn't cause me any problems. I'm thinking that you're going to need a new o2 sensor.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats not a y8 manifold, which u should change that manifold to a y8
Its actually a z6 manifold. And its 100x better than a y8 manifold. Plus, z6 manifolds look 1000x better anyways. :roll:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
whatever. turns out it wasnt even the manifold.. just a bad o2 sensor...

replaced it... and fixed a vacuum leak... works like a charm =)

all fixed. PLUS since I had that crack in the manifold I replaced it with an aftermarket header.. woot.

btw, I edited my original post to make AngelMR happy. You're welcome.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The valve cover of my Civic looked exactly like that! lol. I've never seen one that same color. Metallic Rustoleum?!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The valve cover of my Civic looked exactly like that! lol. I've never seen one that same color. Metallic Rustoleum?!
painted from Jeff on here.. I forgot his name.. the valve cover painting guy lol. He did an awesome job on it too.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
whatever. turns out it wasnt even the manifold.. just a bad o2 sensor...

replaced it... and fixed a vacuum leak... works like a charm =)

all fixed. PLUS since I had that crack in the manifold I replaced it with an aftermarket header.. woot.

btw, I edited my original post to make AngelMR happy. You're welcome.
I was about to say... Because my manifold was also cracked but it had nothing to do with the power.

So all it was, was a vacuum leak? Sweet bro. Happy you gave the sedan some pep. Change the oil frequently though, thats a dirty head lol.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was about to say... Because my manifold was also cracked but it had nothing to do with the power.

So all it was, was a vacuum leak? Sweet bro. Happy you gave the sedan some pep. Change the oil frequently though, thats a dirty head lol.
Nah we just found the vacuum leak when we were looking at it. The problem was just the o2 sensor haha. I had a code for it, but I figured it was because the manifold was cracked right up to it. Whatever lol