My new 89 Civic Hatch Shell

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
I know this is really a ED Hatch but by popularity of terms EF was the appropriate Topic title...

The FIND:
I found out about this hatch from a neighbors' son in law, an older man in his 50-60's, he had asked my other neighbor if he knew anyone wanting to purchase a older Honda for real cheap? I was outside working on my hatch and he called out to me, so I walked over there and he told me that this guy was selling a Honda for cheap, he immediately caught my attention when he said 'Honda'... I asked how cheap and he told me $150!!! =) =) =) ... then he started telling me the story about it...

Car History:
This guy bought the car Brand new and drove it from Orange Beach, FL to Perry, GA daily for work in the Military. I did a Google map to the first base that it was in GA was 255mi away... So 500+ for few years... He eventually got another car and let this sit till he met his new wife (my neighbors daughter). She drove the car for a couple years until the timing started to slip. She ended up getting another car from her daughter and her son was going to take the car but never came to get it... The car odometer is at 281,xxx, so i figured the old man must've been real good to the car :thumbup:

He has had a few people come by over the years asking about the car but they wanted to pay for it later, which was something he didnt want to do... He said at first he was telling people $300-500, but after so many flakers, he didnt think anyone wanted it...

So I told him to give me a week and ill take it, he said no problem and doubted anyone would pick it up anytime soon... That was the 15th of Dec. , just this past week...

NOW 12/22/2007

Well today was a week and I got the dough for a Christmas gift from my BooBoo :slapslap:... She's great :thumbup: !!! She actually gave me the cash Thursday but I didnt have time till this morning to go... By 11am the hatch was all mine
:drink:...

I dont have a truck so a buddy of mine is going to come by on Wed. and he's gonna take me up there, along with my neighbors car dolly, to get the hatch.

Now finally some Camera Phone Pics...

FRONT

BACK

DRIVER

PASS

Inside Front

Inside Back Seat
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff84/smoothn_bucket/SMooTHn EF Hatchback/IMG00159.jpg

A ghost standing in front of the car with title in hand :

As you can see it needs some work, but for $150 I think its a deal... Lemme know what you think? :wave:

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pics not worky

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea I figured I could sell one of my Teg's and swap another D in it or just drop in a LS out of one of the tegs and part out the rest...
if its a da take the rear brake prop valve MC and brake booster is it a non abs one o and front sway bar.

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
if its a da take the rear brake prop valve MC and brake booster is it a non abs one o and front sway bar.
I forgot to snap a pic of engine bay, i know its a DX... so I doubt it would have abs... does it matter? can i add it or would it just be a hassle?

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont worry about abs in a 4th gen.. looks like no quarter rust so you are good there just clean it up and replace the interior and it should be a decent littl honda especially if you drop the ls in it

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
dont worry about abs in a 4th gen.. looks like no quarter rust so you are good there just clean it up and replace the interior and it should be a decent littl honda especially if you drop the ls in it
Oh ok good... im still debating on the LS swap or just another d-series... I can get a D motor for like 100-150... I already have an Integra LS just sitting here, but thats my A/C car... i heard b18 swaps in a 4th grn usually cant have A/C.. That true?

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
A local wants to sell me his z6 with tranny for 200... man i hope i get alotta cash for xmas..

4gcivic69

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think you meant zc.. and if its the dohc take that for sure.. the single cam isnt bad but the dohc is def better.. it will be a decnt little car once you get it cleaned up

SMooTHn

5+ Year Member
i think you meant zc.. and if its the dohc take that for sure.. the single cam isnt bad but the dohc is def better.. it will be a decnt little car once you get it cleaned up
No I actually meant z6... I think there is a zc at the junk yard but it probably needs a rebuild... The local selling the z6 has running swap...
:D
Tomorrow my new baby comes home... YAY!!! man the anticipation is killing me... LoLz..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D