My New 89 CRX Si Build Thread

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi Guys/Gals, I thought I'd make a thread for my new project car. It's a 89 CRX Si that I picked up for $3K that had 187000 original miles. I've always wanted a CRX for as long as I could remember and I fianally found a nice one for a great price. It's bone stock and I was able to get it from the 3rd owner. This will be a SLOW process, so no major updates anytime soon. Here it is as I bought it and sorry for the crappy pics.

The tires that came on the car were pretty dry rotted, so to be safe I had to switch them with some steelies I had.

Here is the bay after a little cleaning.

I was able to remove the drivers seat and shampoo the carpet today. This is before the carpet was cleaned. I'll post the after pics later.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Here's additional pics from yesterday's post.

Heres the drivers side completed.

A few shots of the rear that needs to be done.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks clean, those cars are getting harder and harder to find.

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Looks super clean man,any plans for a swap later on?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks super clean man,any plans for a swap later on?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
No plans yet. Im swapping a B18 in the EK and I thought it'd be nice to have some sort of a K for the crx.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fianally got the passenger side finished. I'll probably try to work on the rear tomorrow. After the inside is finished, Ill start to repaint some random parts. I'd like to update the steelies, wipers, valve cover...etc

Before:

After:

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
A little on the expensive side but nice pickup. Very clean.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice! Id rock it!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kind of expensive but clean...:thumbup:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its an si...

I wouldve paid 3k no problems if it was in good shape...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I didnt think 3K was too bad. I know it has high miles, but the engine is going to be swapped anyway. TIt's just a project car until I can have extra money to really start in to it. The body is very straight except for a few dings and some rust starting on the fender and quarter panel. The car was kept in the same family as the original owner. 2 brothers and their mom owned the car.

Ive looked at a few others for 2, 2500, 3, and so on and they were in horrible condition compared to this one. One had great interior but was in black primer, was lowered on springs. The front sat higher than the rear, had a awful flowmaster muffler, and was a DX.

I'll hopefully be posting some other small updates soon.

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Heres another small update. I gave the steelies a fresh repaint. They didnt turn out as I'd hoped, but they will do until I can re-do them again or get new tires for the Si wheels. I started out by washing them with purple power. After that, I used a red 3M scuff pad and gave them a good scuffing. Fianally, I sprayed some cleaner and gave them a final wipe down. I thought I had them pretty clean, but unfortunately they fish eyed like crazy. I guess all of the tire shine I had put on them a few years ago etched into the metal. Oh well, they will have to do for now.

Before:

After:

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking good man. I knew I should've picked up a crx instead of my ek. looks great. Oh well. next car for me then I guess lol.

white comet

loving this crx...i just got my 90 civic hatch with112k on it on tuesday. i cant wait to see what u have planned for this!!!