My new '96

Shuka

i did some research and the rims and tires i like are gonna come to about 750 with tax

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
i did some research and the rims and tires i like are gonna come to about 750 with tax
What brands are they?
My rims are 600 or even less depending where you buy them, my tires are 72 bucks a tire so 288 dollars for 4 not including mounting and balancing

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Very nice tires and im assuming the rims will be nice too but what color are the rims?
Discount sold my dad his yok's he has s.drives they are nice but wore down quickly he got them on this summer and from beating on it a few times at the track and spinning a few time for a gear they re garbage now. My neogens are lasting long and are very grippy lol

Shuka

the rims are black with a silver trim, not too crazy about the trim but ill get over it.
and i dont think ill hit the track or burn out anytime soon, especially with this one, but racing around the streets with random people is fun. lol
do you have an exhaust on yours?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Aaaaaah alot of bad advice in here. The grill isnt the wrong year or it wouldnt fit your car (99-00 civics look close but grill is wider) yours is INFLUENCED by an si grill, however it fits like poop i am assuming because its a cheap one, and also your car may have been in a front end collision. Also MB is a pretty cheap brand rim, but if i were you i would go on ebay and look at xxr, nippon, or drag rims... you can probobly get a wheel/tire combo for cheaper than 750 shipped. If you are going to lower it, do it right the first time. Get a full coilover set, it will cost you but its the best bet. Look at Function form for coilovers and install it yourself, a shop will charge more than $200. Wait for some CC OG's to get in here, they will give you the best advice.

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
the rims are black with a silver trim, not too crazy about the trim but ill get over it.
and i dont think ill hit the track or burn out anytime soon, especially with this one, but racing around the streets with random people is fun. lol
do you have an exhaust on yours?
Yes i have an apxi ws2 exhaust why? lol

And yeah it was never for sure the grill was wrong i would try to get the stock one for your ride though.
XXR 522 with a 0 offset are soooooo sexy lol
Yeah coilovers are the best but my set up is good enough for me which is why i do refer it for they are good brands and the fact i dont have money for coilovers my car sits almost as low as coilovers and it isnt as expensive lol. Im 16 so i dont make too much money but i do recommend good brand products haha

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
0 offset is waaaay too much for a honda lol. +20 looks good with stretched tires, fender rolling, slammed, hella camber work, etc. That look is expensiivvvvvve. I also dont reccomend all red tails, looks goofy. Technically if you wanna do the ctr headlights and si tails then you should do a 00 front end conversin, to keep everything correct. Your year range 96-98 has a different set of lights, bumper, grill, lips, etc that are designed for it, you can find all this stuff out easily on this site and people should be more than willing to point you in the proper direction.

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
Yes oem tails would be the best tails
And yeah 0 offset is a lot but there was a 2000 EBP si on here with them in gold and i would have banged it lol haha

Shuka

see my only problem is this car is automatic and im not trying to over do it too much.
after this im aiming for a 2000 ex coupe 5 speed, probably same color depending on how many tickets i get.lol

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
see my only problem is this car is automatic and im not trying to over do it too much.
after this im aiming for a 2000 ex coupe 5 speed, probably same color depending on how many tickets i get.lol
Yeah i do not wanna drive an auto it seems just about every time i drive one i do a brake check by reachong for the clutch lol

And yes the 1999 and 2000 year looks a little better in my opinion lol and yes everyone says red is a hot color but my blue gets a lot of attention too =( =) lol its good and bad

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well then i would say your going about this wrong, save any penny you intended on putting into this car and use it toward what you want, and TRY to get 3500 back out of this car. You should be able to get an si for 5k in good shape. At least that way you dont stick money into it that your never gonna get back.

civicsoulja21

Registered VIP
yeah dont over do it if you plan on reselling it, i got my EM1 on a luck deal for 3600 lol but 5000 is in the usually ball park.

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
def paint the grill, slam it, and get some nice clean wheels, my blades and tires set me back about 400 bucks. Also CTR the head lights and get some 99-00 tail lights and youll be on your way to a nice clean vic