My new clutch

CivicRoller2009

5+ Year Member
Ok so i just installed my new stage 2 clutch, pp, and flywheel. and before i had 150miles on it i accidently went from 4th to 3rd but imeditly hit the clutch again and slowed down, and another time after that, i got my self into a position where i had to accelerate a little faster than a un broke in clutch should but only felt it slip 2 time and stopped, i dont take it above 3500rpm's other than the 2 times i have said. Do you guys think my clutch will be ok afer 500 miles?

92handler

BOOOOST
5+ Year Member
you shouldnt beat on the clutch while in break in. however I have launched an evo 10 miles after I replaced it and its lasted fine since then. Do as I say not as I do lol

CivicRoller2009

5+ Year Member
lol. yea, like i said it only happend those 2 times and i havent done anything like that since. and im up 230miles now and counting, so i hope when 500 hits, all is well...

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it will be fine as long as your not going around doing burnouts everywhere and taking off from stoplights like your racing all the time

96civicrunner

5+ Year Member
you worried about 2 times I've seen worst and they turned out just fine lol. nah you'll be fine, I am breaking in a new clutch too, but I bring it up to about 4500 here and there... nothing to worried about, just like hardcore97 said not doing burnouts here and there and launching at 3k rpm all day you'll be fine.

CivicRoller2009

5+ Year Member
Sweet thanks guys, though im up to 300 now cause of the highway so im hopeing that when i hit 500ish ill be good to nail it lol.

luispizarro25

5+ Year Member
i thought that since its a stage 2 i will be fine to do burnouts here and there, and what is the recomended rpm to launch at when goingin straight line?

orioncivic

5+ Year Member
rpm launch depends on your setup and tire compound. i let go at about 2500 to 3000 with a poormans type r on street tires with stock type r clutch gear. all depends....