My new Daily!

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Daily Build!

what's up guys? though I would post some picture's of the new daily driver. It's a 97 automatic Ex, bought if for $600 with a rod knocking.

Status (as it sit's right now)

Traded GSR Fat Five's.

Build!
My daily driver fuel economy build. So, If your looking for picture's of a nice B/K series swap sitting in the chassis you have came to the wrong thread. This car is for the most part stock and will stay that way while I own it! Stock is beautiful, I'll take you on my journey of get it back in shape! Should be fun!

I bought the car 2-12-2013. After work The next day I drove 45 minutes to Jay's auto salvage to pick up the D16Y8 with 98K mile's, paid $700 for the engine. During the next three week's I swapped the motor into the car, replaced timing belt, oil pan gasket,water pump, valve cover gasket and changed both axle shaft's. I had intentions (bought new seal from honda) of replacing the rear main seal as well but decided to wait for the transmission swap. getting tired finish later lol

First wash, after the motor swap.

Just got it off the trailer & into the garage!

New engine with 98K mile's! Changed timing belt, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, & water pump.

Old motor out of the car!

New motor Installed!

290 mile's on new motor.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad. Tuned in to see where this goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice pick up

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks clean! What's next?
5 speed swap, considering an HX transmission for fuel mileage purpose's. 99-00 SI wheel's, Paint/body (driver's quarter rust) work, & considering 99-00 front conversion. While I start my 5speed part's collection, I have some area's that will get my attention first. Sunroof (not sure if it's a relay, motor can be heard. come's down, won't go back). Carpet cleaned/replaced/dyed. both door panel's replaced, & headliner replaced. But, my next project is to get a factory radio w/keyless entry installed. Then research how to build my own converter for the m-bus to headphone jack. (mp3 player)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice garage man ! =) and good luck with your journey.

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
while cleaning the car up yesterday after work, I noticed slime coming from the rear driver's tire. turns out there is a 1/2" cut in the tire. So last night I ordered new Yokohama tires for the car!

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finally found a radio, bought it from a fellow forum member (K-N-2-EK)!

Going to turn the cassette player into a Aux 3.5mm headphone jack!

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got new tire's installed on the car today after work!

Also, received the new radio but It got broke in shipping. :(

Any audio guru's in here care to help? I found the original head unit jammed behind the dash! previous owner had pulled the harness off the after market radio and laid it behind the dash causing the power wire to arch and blow the fuse. I've replaced the fuse but still not getting power to the radio. Tomorrow, i'm going to get the test light out and hopefully track down the issue. Anyone know where I should start? the factory harness is still intact and uncut.

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Found the issue with my radio! I was getting a key hot but no battery hot (white wire/blue strip)... turned out to be a blown fuse (Backup Right, Under hood) Here's some picture's from today. I got the faceplate's swap onto the new radio! I was going to use the original radio but two button's didn't work. Next need to find out how to program the keyfob for the keyless entry!

On a side note, found more goodies today! During the engine swap I found some Koni yellow's! Today, found some JBL speaker's! =)

Original faceplate top, bought radio faceplate bottom. Corner broke during shipping.

Original radio faceplate removed!

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cant help on the radio, but I might have a couple key fobs I could get you cheap. I saw you said something about keyless entry a few posts up. PM me

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Abailey but already have two.

Forgot to mention, last Saturday I went to a local salvage yard and pulled some part's for the car. Got a new driver side inner fender, Passenger fender, & few interior switches. Going back this weekend to get a few other parts!

djroadking

Nice civic man =) Love the color of green on the 6th gens especially at night... Honda (in my opinion) had one of the best green shade compared to other brands... I just couldn't see lime green on a civic...

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Busy with work lately. So, not able to spend much time on the car. However, today I started on the aux in & usb power . Got the old cassette player torn apart, trying to make heads or tail's of this thing... it's gonna be a nightmare.

Made a trip to radio shack to pickup the capacitor's, diode, and regulator for the usb power connector. Here's the schmatic of the voltage regulator i'm building. I'll post pic's when I get it finished up!

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice cheap score on this car. Glad to see your trying to bring it back to life!

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looking good man! does the cassett player work? or what was busted in shipping?

BADFISH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's been awhile!

Today picked up some part's from a local scrap yard. Got two A pillar cover's, driver's door lock actuator, 99-00 cup holder, & the cover around the cup holder. Got everything finished except the a pillar's. Tomorrow, I'm dropping the headliner and sunroof. The headliner is getting recovered and the sunroof is getting fixed!.

Anyone know where or have picture's of a EJ (last time I check we live in america) with leather seat's? Not sure it would look right! But thanking about buying black carpet and black leather seat's for my medium/dark grey interior. Then dyeing the A & B pillar's black. then covering the headliner and sunroof visor in black. Any help would be appreciated!