My new ED7

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
I just got my new 1990 Civic Si

Found it on craigslist for $700, It is a one family car. The grandpa bought it new and the gave it to the grand son and he has drove it for the past 12 years. No rust no major damage paint is in bad shape

so far i have done:
repainted the molding
repainted the front bumper
buffed and waxed
in the middle of repaint the hood
removed all the suspension (waiting on my ES bushing set, inner and outer tie rods, ball joints, and driver axle)

waiting to go on after the bushings on:
skunk2 pro upper control arms
skunk2 shocks
skunk2 springs
04 civic SE wheels (purple have not decided on a color yet!! what to you guys think)
new exhaust (have not decided on what to get)

i will put more photos as i move on the in the process
Thanks for looking:cool:

ED90

it looks pretty good. As soon as it gets a drop it will be sick
I vote bronze wheels

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
Thank guys!!! yes i am a big fan of bronze also. I also decided to to the rear disc conv. because i have a DA parts car next to it (haha) just have to brake the damn bolts loose or off. i will post picturs as i go

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
Well after working on the DA i finally got them removed. jezzz that was a pain in the ass!! I was glad to find that the bearing and calipers are still in working condition. I ordered my Energy bushing and the DA trailing bushings also. Burned out the bushing in all the control arms (that was kinda fun).

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
some more pictures of progress

old trailing arm bushing out of the DA arms

no suspension on the car

So today i did

Removed the ball joint
Tore apart the rear discs
Remove the axles from the front spindles (finally got an electric impact)
Brunt out a lot of the bushings
ordered new rear rotors and pads

I should have the Energy bushings this weekend and have them pressed in.

Tomorrow i am getting the new ball joints, driver axle, and driver side inner and outer tie rod
Its going to be a brand new car in no time!!!!!!!!!!

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
All the bushings are OUT!!! WOW never will i do the diy bushing remove again! hhaha.... Oh well i hope to get my bushings in tomorrow if I get them in. Got my new inner tie rod, axle, front lower shock perch (honda) and all the other stuff ordered. i hope to get it on the road in a week!!!

Madtrad

5+ Year Member

here are the skunk2 shocks and upper control arms and not shown are the skunk2 springs. I get my bushing tomorrow and i will have the awesome time putting them in. A vice and some lube is all i need. (that's what she said)

Also putting on the rear sway bar form the DA tomorrow. I heard if i use the DA front sway i would have massive under steer?? Correct me if i am wrong, if i am i will use it on the Si .........

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
well the upper CA were like 260, the shocks i got from skunk2 for 100 (because they were mispackaged, and sold as used but they were never used) great deal, and the spring were like 230 or so.
so some were around 600 for it all.

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
Well i got some more progress done today. So i got my bushing and i started in on the front of the car her are some pics

the lower control are and sway bar

skunk2 upper control arm

shot for the bottom

new lower ball joints

another shot

all together

So i put the new axle, inner and outer tie rods, and boots. I didn't get my trailing arm bushings in, i guess they are back order. I am going to price steel braided line for the rear brakes. Also finish as much as i can on the rear tomorrow. more stuff to come!!!!!

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
I have a few questions you guys might be able to help, Okay do you guy think i should polish my wheels i am tired of them being painted!?!? If not polished then what color? my Wheels are 04 civic SE 15's they are purple now they were on my DA.
here they are

Madtrad

5+ Year Member
Okay i have finished the energy bushings and the disc conversion. here are some new pictures i still have not painted my wheels i think going to go bronze with them