My new EJ (just getting started)

mix4

5+ Year Member
I bought my 3rd Honda at the end of March. A 2000 Civic EX in Clover Green Pearl. I made the mistake of selling my last Civic and immediately regretted it. I'm happy to be back in a Civic.

I didn't get to do really anything to the last one because I was broke. :cool: Now that I have a new starting point, I'm finally going to do a lot of things I wanted to do before.

So as it sits right now, this is all I have:
"eBay" SRI with non-"eBay" filter
Megan Racing steel short shifter (going back to stock soon, not a fan)
Color matched eyelids
Color matched grill
Color matched antenna delete plate
Nokya Hyper Yellow bulbs

What I have pending:
I am waiting on UPS to bring me Tein S Tech springs, I haven't chosen a shock to go with them yet. I know they are "designed for use with OEM" but I don't trust it.

I don't really have any plans as far as power, at least not until the car is paid off. After I get the car dropped I'll be putting in 2.25" piping with a OEM style quiet muffler, I'd rather hear the intake.

That being said, here are a few pics:

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
Looks nice i always loved that green,add some black wheels and it would be perfect.
How much did you get it for

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:thumbs up looking clean man! Good start!

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a fan of eye lids but I do want to see a night shot of your lights, debating on yellow lows for my fiancees '13 avenger.

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like it because its the same color as mine. Just get rid of those eyelids ASAP.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1 on the losing the eyelids.

mix4

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the comments. Wheels are in my near future, I wanted to do the suspension first because wheels just look better on a lower car. I think I'm either going with white or dark gold wheels. I haven't chosen a specific wheel yet.

The eyelids aren't going anywhere, I like the aggressive look they give the car. I've been trying to get pics of the yellow bulbs at night because someone on another forum wants to see them too, but my cell phone just doesn't want to get it right. I'll keep trying! They look great, though, you can even see their... yellowness... in daylight.

I haven't had the bulbs long enough to vouch for how long they last. I've read about people having them give up pretty quickly but I think it's mostly user install error (touching the bulb).

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car would look 1000% better without the eyelids..don't worry..one day you'll get rid of them ;)..they don't really make the car aggressive, it makes it tired looking..if you want aggressive, go with c-west eyelids.
..hope you know yellow bulbs are illegal.

mix4

5+ Year Member
The C West are cool, but I'm happy with mine. As you said, things may change down the road, I'll want to change it up.

As far as the yellow bulbs, the police don't tend to care unless you're doing something stupid to draw their attention.. I've run blue, green and now yellow (in different cars) with no issue at all.

Btw, I'm originally from the Burien/Seattle area.. I sure do miss it. Nothing like the aroma of Tacoma.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never been a fan of the dark greens but looks like a stellar start!

CO671

Registered VIP
What are next on the list of aesthetics? There's a link below in my signature if you need some ideas.
I always wish I started off with an EX! What a great canvas!

mix4

5+ Year Member
Next on the list is suspension. Ordered S Techs the other day and this morning I ordered Energy Suspensions spring retainers (thanks to rustycivic2000 for pointing me in the right direction on that), "eBay" extended top hats and an Ingalls rear camber kit. I don't think I'm going to go with a kit on the front.

I haven't decided on a shock yet. I'll definitely check out your ride.

mymmeryloss: I appreciate it, diggin' that truck. Took me a minute to move my eyes away from the avatar, though.

mix4

5+ Year Member
No actual progress on the car, but I'm gaining progress in parts. I missed UPS on Friday so they still have my rear camber kit.

I'm also putting my stock intake back in tonight, until I can get a PWJDM.

I do have a question, I am looking at the Skunk2 Sport shocks (yes, I know they're not the amazing Koni Yellows), they have a shortened body, so will I not need extended top hats? Should I get them anyway? Is there any harm in using them along with a shortened shock?

I will be buying top hats either way, whether they're extended or OEM, I want to be able to build up the new suspension and be able to "throw it right in" without having to swap parts from the existing suspension.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Return the camber kit and use that money towards the rest of your suspension. Camber kits are absolutely not needed on a mildly lowered car - just get a friggin' alignment!

As for the stock intake system, I prefer that look myself...ESP over the one you had on it. Clean the rest of the bay up, do a mild tuck, get rid of that exhaust manifold, and it'll look decent.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Agreed^ And def get top hats at least for the front. Never know how low your gonna wanna go and it definitely doesnt hurt.