My new Hatch!!! Tons of pics

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NICE! So many Ek hatchies on CC :thumbup: :edit: we should start a CC Ek Crew :P
For only Roma Red EJ6's haha...

OP - Car looks amazing. I can't believe the fast turnaround from it being stock. I'm not normally a fan of those lips, but yours definitely pulls them off. :thumbs up

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its gonna be DOOOOOPE When you finish it! A Carbon Fiber Hood with some Rota slipstreams Get 15 Inch rims other than that it looks stupid like wagon wheels,(in my opinion) and effects your drive ability, cause civic wheel wells aren't made for anything higher than 15 inch nicely. 17 inches --They'll fit but look like crap. Let me zip it. Do what makes ya happy Vet!
what the f***

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NICE! So many Ek hatchies on CC :thumbup: :edit: we should start a CC Ek Crew :P
Lol forreal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Whoa. That's tough. All the rubbing issues, good to know you solved most of the problem areas. Time to get a grinder then! Haha. Nice pics above. Dumb question, but how do you pull fenders? Do you literally just pull them outward after rolling them? What tools do you use for that along with good ol' brute force?
I used the phone book method with a heat gun! You jack the car up and heat up the fender then stick the book on top of the tire then lower the car down on to it little by little checking every time to see how much you have pulled the fender. You do that over and over until you get the desired pull. I used a small phone book for the fronts and a thick for the rear. I pulled the rears as far as they would go with that method.

Looks good. Paint those side skirts soon.
Just waiting for spring! they uses rocks n such out here instead of salt :(

It would seem like we should!

Nice lips!
Thanks

OP - Car looks amazing. I can't believe the fast turnaround from it being stock. I'm not normally a fan of those lips, but yours definitely pulls them off. :thumbs up
Thank you! I'm surprised how fast im building it too. I usually go slower but there's just something about hatches!

mark_jdm

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hahaha. Holy sh**! phone book!! So that's how you do it. Never thought of that. Ya learn somethin everyday. Thanks for the info dude. You sir, have inspired me to try that. So i just heat up the outer part of the fender before phonebooking, right? My fenders are already rolled to i assume that would make it easier....sorta.

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hahaha. Holy sh**! phone book!! So that's how you do it. Never thought of that. Ya learn somethin everyday. Thanks for the info dude. You sir, have inspired me to try that. So i just heat up the outer part of the fender before phonebooking, right? My fenders are already rolled to i assume that would make it easier....sorta.
Thank you and Yes sir! I would heat up a decent area so it would make it easier to pull. As a last ditch effort to pull my rears more I had heat up most of the quarter panel lol aaaaaaaaaaand I just now remembered I have a dremel so I will get at those corners soon. I have no clue if it would as I rolled mine before I pulled which is usually the order people do it anyways. Just take your time and enjoy :D

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its gonna be DOOOOOPE When you finish it! A Carbon Fiber Hood with some Rota slipstreams Get 15 Inch rims other than that it looks stupid like wagon wheels,(in my opinion) and effects your drive ability, cause civic wheel wells aren't made for anything higher than 15 inch nicely. 17 inches --They'll fit but look like crap. Let me zip it. Do what makes ya happy Vet!
What, so make it like every other Civic? :roll:
Your logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

/facepalm

Aside from that, the lips look great!! Just paint those skirts to match ;)

epic_civic

what about milano red though?

Just got done reading the whole thread and i'm impressed! So clean in the photos, i really didn't notice any of the dents that you previously said. It looks like its coming along smoothly. I'm def subscribed!

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What, so make it like every other Civic? :roll:
Your logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

/facepalm

Aside from that, the lips look great!! Just paint those skirts to match ;)
Thank you! I have been looking into rattle canning them. Getting a kit to do it. Any advice besides good prep work?

what about milano red though?

Just got done reading the whole thread and i'm impressed! So clean in the photos, i really didn't notice any of the dents that you previously said. It looks like its coming along smoothly. I'm def subscribed!
I've got close ups of the nastiness if people would like to see. And thank you =)

R97-4 nuff sed!
:headbang:

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Parking pole action

And a super crappy phone pic of the new VC I put on along with other maintenance

And my header has that infamous nasty crack at the o2 sensor :(

Power folding mirrors incoming =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is great, good progress! keep it up.

Ive debated doing a sir front and parking pole. but ive been looking at domani front ends lately

oh and i am now looking into those cats, i want one. they get huge and look amazing

Last edited:

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is great, good progress! keep it up.

Ive debated doing a sir front and parking pole. but ive been looking at domani front ends lately

oh and i am now looking into those cats, i want one. they get huge and look amazing
Thanks!
They can be a handful FYI My little dude is a terror at times. Very curious and tons upon tons of energy.
Here's a few shots of him :D

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Put the Del sol seats into the hatch from my coupe the other day =)

And a random shot for fun.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ mE too!

Nice Deltron seats man.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks!
They can be a handful FYI My little dude is a terror at times. Very curious and tons upon tons of energy.
Here's a few shots of him :D

thats how a i like them, i volunteer every weekend at an animal shelter so im pretty good with animals. pits and large dogs are my specialty though

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ordered The paint supplies for the skirts yesterday and also bought a mint Ek4 steering wheel as well. Power folding mirrors are in route :D

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want your kitty! He's so cute.