My new sub setup

djroadking

Head unit

Overview

Type R 12in

Alpine MRV-M500 amp

Let me know what you all think of the install. Did it myself =)

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats cool. I would have tucked the wires a lil better tho.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You are going to want to put that amp somewhere else. Trust me.

CO671

Registered VIP
If i were you, i would've side mounted the amp on the box....
Otherwise, good job man.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're asking for issues having the amp mounted flat on the floor like that. I suggest you mount the amp on the side of the sub box. Keep it away from any potential lose items you may place in the trunk.

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If i were you, i would've side mounted the amp on the box....
Otherwise, good job man.
I was thinking the same thing as well... But that amp doesn't look like it can be mounted.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know it's common to mount the amp to the side or back of the sub box, but I am against it for 2 reasons.

1) Thieves absolutely LOVE when you mount them to the box. All they have to do is clip wires and grab the whole package and run. When the amp is hidden or mounted somewhere else it is harder and takes longer. If they are trying to work quick or are spooked they may only run off with your box.

2) I am certain that it isn't really good for an amp to be subjected to constant vibration from direct contact to the box. Yes it will catch vibration if it is in the trunk NEAR the box, but it is a lot more harsh when it is mounted on the box.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
I know it's common to mount the amp to the side or back of the sub box, but I am against it for 2 reasons.

1) Thieves absolutely LOVE when you mount them to the box. All they have to do is clip wires and grab the whole package and run. When the amp is hidden or mounted somewhere else it is harder and takes longer. If they are trying to work quick or are spooked they may only run off with your box.

2) I am certain that it isn't really good for an amp to be subjected to constant vibration from direct contact to the box. Yes it will catch vibration if it is in the trunk NEAR the box, but it is a lot more harsh when it is mounted on the box.
This is why mines mounted behind the box on the back seat. You can't see the amp or wires unless I fold the seat down.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is why mines mounted behind the box on the back seat. You can't see the amp or wires unless I fold the seat down.
That is normally were I mount them. Back when I wasn't so lazy, I used to build brackets to "hang" them from the rear deck (shelf).

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
That is normally were I mount them. Back when I wasn't so lazy, I used to build brackets to "hang" them from the rear deck (shelf).
When I wasn't lazy I would mount them in the infer quarter panel behind the carpet. I then would cut the carpet to show case the amp but you still couldn't see no wires

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

newman210

^this, and I also hate the idea of drilling into and putting holes in the sub box

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I mounted mine on box or back of seat. f they start running chase after them and accidentally run over them.