My new toy

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So about a week ago I got a nice deal on a 91dx hatch. I actually wanted this car two owners prior so in a small world I ended up with it again. Its has the complete rear Si interior, disk brake swaps in the front and the back, Crx dash, some ebay coilovers, and not a single piece of quarter pannel rust. I need to pick up the rest of the parts for it but I will need the front bumper filler piece and fenders. My roomate is letting me get his d16y7 motor so I'll be putting that in. My plans for this car is to set it up for autocrossing and HPDE for NASA. I'll post pics as soon.

I do have some questions about swapping the motor in. What obd 1 dizzy will fit on the head and what ecu shoud I run? I really want to keep the car obd 1 just cause its easier to tune.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
P28 ECU with a OBD2A-->OBD1 Zerg conversion harness.

Get a complete 96-98 DX harness while you are at it.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
P28 ECU with a OBD2A-->OBD1 Zerg conversion harness.

Get a complete 96-98 DX harness while you are at it.
I should have said that I wanted to go obd 1
Why the 96-98 dx harness? I thought I would use at 92-95 harness.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Screwed up wiring pt. 1

Screwed up wiring pt. 2 near the ecu harness

Rear Si interior

Crx swapped dash

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get a whole new interior harness, and engine harness. you should be set after that....wish my CRX had a CRX dash lol

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I should have said that I wanted to go obd 1
Why the 96-98 dx harness? I thought I would use at 92-95 harness.
because the engine is from a 96-98 dx. it doesnt matter what the engine is going into. the 96-00 is obd2a. so as mentioned above. get a 96-98 dx engine harness and then get a obd2a to odb1 harness conversion and run a chipped p28 ecu (whcih is obd1)

get a whole new interior harness, and engine harness. you should be set after that....wish my CRX had a CRX dash lol
:word: i wouldnt even try to sort out that rats nest. just replace it.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. Thats exactly what I have been thinking as well. Its just seems too much of a headache to try to find what goes where.

SGGilmo said:
because the engine is from a 96-98 dx. it doesnt matter what the engine is going into. the 96-00 is obd2a. so as mentioned above. get a 96-98 dx engine harness and then get a obd2a to odb1 harness conversion and run a chipped p28 ecu (whcih is obd1)
Gotcha. Will I recently just aquired a z6 head that I think I'm just going to put on the y7 block instead. I know that it is obd1 so would that be the engine harness I go with? And I tried to look for a Zerg harness but to no luck

4bangincivic said:
i dig the rex dash, looks to be in pretty good shape too
Its ok. Seeing how I already have a Rex I was hoping for a Civic dash. But it is clean though. Maybe if I find a nice Dx dash with the wiring I'll swap it back to stock.

yellowbone12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your good with wiring it could be fix. if not swap it out..its not hard to down grade the motor to a obd1, so you can run a p28 with no problems.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your good with wiring it could be fix. if not swap it out..its not hard to down grade the motor to a obd1, so you can run a p28 with no problems.
Yeah I have no problem wiring it. I mean I have no job and plenty of time to do it. I just want to get the car up and running as soon as possible. I saw that you had the under dash wiring. I will be emailing you very soon.

yellowbone12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I have no problem wiring it. I mean I have no job and plenty of time to do it. I just want to get the car up and running as soon as possible. I saw that you had the under dash wiring. I will be emailing you very soon.
no problem, will be happy to help.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick update. I recently moved back to my hometown and started school so I've just been gathering parts. But so far I got a wiring harnness from an 89 civic sedan 5-speed, a p28, and an intake manifold. All I need now is the top end gasket set, throttle body, and the dizzy. I think I'm going to get the arp head studs while I'm at it as well since the head will be off. I just have to wait for my finacial aid check and everything shoud be in order

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright I got a great deal on some Si front seats to complete the look of the car. I just order my head and intake manifold gasket from Inlinefour.com. I'm debating if I really want to race the car now though. Mainly because its in such great shape. I kind of feel bad about beating on it at the track.

88CReXin

Broke college student
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick update. I've decided to change directions with the build. Instead of putting in the mini-me I've decided to put in the Ls. I had the Ls sitting on the side for the rex but I want to spend more time on the the Rex to get it near showroom condition. So hopefully when all this damn snow goes away I can get started and post pics for you guys