my new VTI cluster **PICS**

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just got this VTI cluster, its for my DX 93 hatch, i need it for the swap im doing, i just got it in the mail today but i had to go back to college today so i didnt get a chance to try to put it in the hatch. can anybody tell me if it is plug and play in my hatch or will i need to wire anything??

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
should be plug n play
looks good. :thumbup:

chunky

'94 hatch Si
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not bad, if you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

EricDaReDD

Dedicated2myDxHatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks to be in good condition. Yeah, it's all plug n play. I did the same thing in my 92 Dx hatch a few years ago. I actually just barely swapped the bulbs out for red LED's, which is an easy visual upgrade you can consider before you put the cluster in.

Peace and Llove
Eric

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it was $270 shipped from the UK, pretty expensive but i was looking for one in MPH and there werent a lot, most of the vti's are in kmh. i was reading online somewhere and some kid said he had to do a few minor wiring adjustments with it, idk, just wondering if anyone had to do that with this one

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is the difference? Sounds steep for just a oem cluster.

bman

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sphinxof2006 said:
i got one like this

i got the same one... i thought the one i had was the vti cluster.... almost the same as the sir except black and different red line..

Jase

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for 270 shipped.. why didn't you jsut get a JDM SIR cluster!?

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
zachs is a 9.5K,140MPH cluster...

spinx is 8k, 185kph, red needles. Painted? :what:

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Jase said:
for 270 shipped.. why didn't you jsut get a JDM SIR cluster!?
its in KMH and its white face gauges are kind of tacky looking imo, i was thinking about gettin an sir2 its a great cluster dont get me wrong but my interior is all black so this flows nicely. i lik how the sir2 starts redlining at 8200 too, but everyones got an sir2, nobody's got this cluster

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this cluster goes to 145 mph or at least that is what it reads. ive never seen that before. i would like to get a new cluster as well but figure that getting a new dash is more worth the money.

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to get off topic,,,,,,,but

How do you remove the black plastic peice that holds the gauge cluster in???......the peice that has the vents and crap on it.

I tried removing mine by taking out the two bolts on the top and then it seems there are also some clips that hold it in.....any advice on how to remove it without breaking anything.?

gotcivic

5+ Year Member
sphinxof2006 said:
i got one like this
i had one just like that, but when i got it, i realize that it didnt had the cruise control option, so it's somewhere in my garage, i guess im gonna sell it

sphinxof2006

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
qwikxr zachs is a 9.5K,140MPH cluster...

spinx is 8k, 185kph, red needles. Painted?
i didnt paint it thats how it came its like the white one just black it matches my car hella good thats why i bought it.

kangaroo Not to get off topic,,,,,,,but

How do you remove the black plastic peice that holds the gauge cluster in???......the peice that has the vents and crap on it.

I tried removing mine by taking out the two bolts on the top and then it seems there are also some clips that hold it in.....any advice on how to remove it without breaking anything.?
unscrew the bolts up top,,,,, under each of the vents (bottom) in the middle of the dash there are two clips pop it out with a small flat head screw driver, then by the cluster there are two more like it, carful they can fall off and work your way around from there and then the left vent, pry is up with a flat head, go right to left, that made it easy for me maybe not u

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zach246 said:
its in KMH and its white face gauges are kind of tacky looking imo, i was thinking about gettin an sir2 its a great cluster dont get me wrong but my interior is all black so this flows nicely. i lik how the sir2 starts redlining at 8200 too, but everyones got an sir2, nobody's got this cluster

So I have to ask again...what is the difference between the one you wanted compared to a USDM one? The only reason I would ever replace a cluster is for the glowing needles.

kangaroo said:
Not to get off topic,,,,,,,but

You can rip those off with one hand behind your back. Dont forget to unplug the clock.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
So I have to ask again...what is the difference between the one you wanted compared to a USDM one? The only reason I would ever replace a cluster is for the glowing needles.
Well the USDM clusters for EG civics arent too good, you must be talking about an EX/Si cluster and if thats the case then mine is different cus a USDM EX cluster starts redlining at 7200rpm and my VTI starts redlining at 8000rpm. Also an USDM EX cluster goes to 9000rpm and my cluster goes to 9500rpm. And lastly my cluster reads up to 145mph whereas an EX cluster only goes to 120mph. I shouldnt even have to be explaining this you all know this..do a side by side comparison and see the difference.