my problem

93 Honda lover

I have a problem that I can't figure out I have a 1.5L non vtech with a 1.6L vtech head and other work done to the car but I jus put a po6 computer in the car its a 1.6L vtech ecu and since I've put that in its been idling at like 1,200rpm and it will drop after u drive the car a lil I tried adjusting the tps and the distributor but didn't Change it does anyone know what my problem is and how to fix it

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That's normal...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
uhm, it should idle higher when its cold. when it reaches normal operating temps it will idle with a lower rpm

RonJ

Banned
I have a problem that I can't figure out I have a 1.5L non vtech with a 1.6L vtech head and other work done to the car but I jus put a po6 computer in the car its a 1.6L vtech ecu and since I've put that in its been idling at like 1,200rpm and it will drop after u drive the car a lil I tried adjusting the tps and the distributor but didn't Change it does anyone know what my problem is and how to fix it
If the idle speed does not drop completely to normal after the engine is fully warmed up, then try adjusting the idle speed to spec as follows:

Also, the ECU uses the temperature of the engine to control idle speed. The colder the engine temperature, the higher the idle. In this regard, does the engine seem to take a long time to fully warm up? This would lead to a high idle speed. In this case, you may need to replace the thermostat.