My project Ek shell

PLAN_B

5+ Year Member
Hi everyone, allow me to introduce myslelf. My name is Jay, im new to this site, but not new to honda's. I just picked up my project car to put me back in the honda game. This is my 96 Civic dx shell. I basically traded a auto b16 tranny for it. It needs a motor and tramsiion and other small stuff here and there puls body work and paint. BUt anyways, nice to meet everyone and here are the pics

hese are the only pictures I have as of right now. First mod will be rear disk conversion=):ohsnap:

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks pretty nice man

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is a project, hope you have time and money.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Jesus resize the pics. Welcome to the forums. Plans?

PLAN_B

5+ Year Member
^^My bad and thanks. im gonna do a b20, ls trany 99-00 conversion and paint it black, mostly keeping it stock cause it will be a daily driver

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Suspension? Lips? Interior? Or just motor swap?

PLAN_B

5+ Year Member
Suspension? Lips? Interior? Or just motor swap?
I wil be using megan coilvers and koni struts for suspension. 99-00 civic front end converstion with type r lip. Stock civic si exhaust and civic si wheels.Gsr front seats and civic si cluster

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why megan and not GC? All the other plans look good though!

EJ6_COUPE

good luck with the build man..i also have a red dx its 98 tho...y ls tranny tho?? i noe its gonna be daily driver but y lol

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice score! And welcome to CC. Time and patience is going to be your friend on this build.

808EK96

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice...GL w/the build. I would say GC better choice w/ Konis'. Are you using the yellow struts?

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good luck with your build bro...

fwdpower

No traction though.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good luck with the build man..i also have a red dx its 98 tho...y ls tranny tho?? i noe its gonna be daily driver but y lol
Probably because it's easier to find. I know in my area, finding a B16 or GSR transmission is like the holy grail.

PLAN_B

5+ Year Member

Mainly because of the price. I got a 2001 ls tranny for $300. Im going to see about the motor this weekend

EJ6_COUPE

Probably because it's easier to find. I know in my area, finding a B16 or GSR transmission is like the holy grail.
yea man around here too I seen some GSR trannys for 700 and up man...only place I found a good price on b16 tranny was 1 shop called speedzone and they wanted 400 for a cable 1