My rare JDM RHD 1980 Prelude XR found in WV

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look at what I found and bought last week in West Virginia. A low mile, right hand drive 1980 Prelude XR. What do you think? Rare as crap wouldn't you say? She's gonna need alot of lovin come this winter in the body department!

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is dope as all hell! :thumbup: :thumbup:

How much did you snag it for?

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Guy was asking $2000 for her but she's gonna need alot of TLC and the traveling that was involved to get her so he took $1,600 for her.

CDubs

Registered VIP
excellent pick up, and a good price, good luck with her, how many miles, and im jealous that would be soo sweet to have

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
She has 152,000 kilometers which equals out to be about 94,000 us miles. Rather low considering she still has her original cvcc engine in her.

Road Pirate

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a bad price at all. Those mirrors are dope lol.

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys, I've already got her tucked away in the garage and just started to take off her bumpers and misc. stuff to see how bad the rust is. She is so getting a full restoration and I may need help in the body department. I've got some body repair behind me but not extensive. Rest a sure she isn't going to get chewed up by me, she's gonna get pampered to fully JDM goodness.

BlueSiclone - picked her up outside of Charleston, West Virginia. Drove her home for 4hrs and she drives beautifully. Her clutch, timing belt, water pump, alternator, etc were all replaced back in '08 and it shows. She's been taken care of in the engine department more than the body. But the mileage is still killing me, only around 94,000 miles for a 1980 is nothing short of amazing.

Shaguar47

EM1 ADCT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also found out from some previous forums that the badge on of the pictures below the "Prelude XR" is in Katakana translating to a Honda Verno Dealership. This is a rare little piece indeed. Also she's showing the uknown "aircon" badge on the left side. Didn't mention this but the a/c still works and it's still all R-12. Hasn't been converted.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
gorgeous. absolutely gorgeous. i can see a lot of potential in this project

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP