• carbon fiber lip

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • fuse box tuck

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont paint rims powdercoat them! paint will always eventually flake off just my 2 cents and i say go a dark gold or bronze

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont paint rims powdercoat them! paint will always eventually flake off just my 2 cents and i say go a dark gold or bronze
i know i know but the quote i got for powdercoating them was 50 a rim. these rims only cost me 120 with the tires. so im painin em since theyll prob be replaced with something better in like a year or two. what about gun metal or...burnt metallic orange :D

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know i know but the quote i got for powdercoating them was 50 a rim. these rims only cost me 120 with the tires. so im painin em since theyll prob be replaced with something better in like a year or two. what about gun metal or...burnt metallic orange :D
black or gun metal yes
sorry to hear about that quote my uncle does powdercoating on the side at his machine shop and only charges 125 for a set of 4 and add 10 to that if you want them sand blasted first!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dang thats a good deal! yeah the quote that i got was if i did all the prep work myself. eh oh well im just gonna paint em. gettin kinda good at spray paintin cause im workin on my old 17's (back in my ricer stage) and theyre comin out nicely so hopefully the 15's will be even nicer

so for my gsr calipers does anyone know what size rotors to use? do i gotta get gsr rotors or can i use ex rotors? im wantin to get my front end cleaned up and swapped out by next week :smokenana"

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no updates lately?
dude. i just finished doing all the tucks like two days ago. im WAY to lazy to start something new already. thats for next week. and ive been stuck helpin clean the house for when my grandma comes for christmas :x

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Feelin the bay man...

Get an EX intake mani and it will look 10x cleaner though :D Good job so far

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Feelin the bay man...

Get an EX intake mani and it will look 10x cleaner though :D Good job so far
thanks! yeah im just gonna hold off on gettin an ex manifold and get the performance x one i found on craigslist and put that on the engine im buildin :twisted: the engine build is slow though. mainly cause im short on cash cause its christmas time but also cause im buildin the engine in my room :lol:

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well i havent updated in a while mainly cause christmas affected my budget for parts. So back to building

I finally got a energy suspension master bushing kit and got around to replacing the bushings on my new(ish) ex lower and upper control arms

the easiest and simplest way to get bushings out is to burn em out. very hard to mess this part up. lol

i put one end of the bushing pin into the vice and pulled on the control arm to make the pin come out. worked pretty easy whith the bushing burn real good

all i can say is omg i love this torch.best 30 bucks ive ever spent

when i finished with torching the bushings and pulling them out i sanded the inside till the metal shined so that i knew all the old bushing was outta there.

i then used a vice to push the bushing in. the vice wont push the bushing all the way in so i put a piece of wood on the floor and placed the control arm on the wood and hit the bushing the rest of the way in with a mallet

placing the wood behind the bushing when pushing the metal pin in helped the bushing keep from getting squished and not letting the pin go all the way in.

and....finished

yep pretty nasty. this conrol arm bout to be visited by extreme makeover

started off by torching the bushings (forgot to take a pic of it)

then i cut out the metal sleeves. didnt know i had to do this at first and almost ruined the bushings. i used a saw saw with a metal blade and slowly cut the sleeve. once the cut was made all i had to do was tap it out with a screw driver

finsihed removing both

yep pretty rusty

BAM! finished

these bushings are way meatier than stock and since they're polyurethane they'll def last longer

next step is to paint the cradle and get it all put in :D

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Look's good. What did you use' to mount the Battery in the trunk..?
well, i cut the bottom parts off the stock tray to make it flat and then got pieces of aluminum and bent them into C shapes that had 90 degree angles. i then mounted that to the floor of the trunk behind my sub box. ill post some pics tomorrow of it. i just gotta rebuild the sub box now cause of the battery :cry:

JDMDRIVEREK

Word, sounds decent would like to check it out. I thought of getting an Optima Battery and wanna do something similar my battery is weak...
Are you thinking of upgrading the battery..?
is the battery to big or something..? or is it just in the way.?

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Word, sounds decent would like to check it out. I thought of getting an Optima Battery and wanna do something similar my battery is weak...
Are you thinking of upgrading the battery..?
is the battery to big or something..? or is it just in the way.?
haha well it wasnt in the way. i tucked the fuse box so i decided to just tuck the battery too. and it looks cleaner since i tucked the headlight harness too. i got some pics on here of what i did to tuck the battery. good luck with the tuck if you do it and remember to get a battery box. thatll save your trunk if your battery ever explodes

JDMDRIVEREK

Oh ok..I gotcha, I figured the box might have been to big or something but i hear ya..Yeah the bay def. look's cleaner with the tuck, I never got how people did tuck's could not find a DIY on any tuck no specific. friends told me to check Honda Tech but still no luck...I'll keep a eye out for the pic's...Yeah i would def like to salvage my trunk if that happens lol. i would break down an cry...lmao. My car is not the prettiest but it's my BABY!
My girlfriend hate's it lmao...

mhi

I ♥ My Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow! ive always wanted to tuck my fuse box... subscribed!!!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i finally got around to painting the cradel and went a bit haywire with the sanding :lol:

for taking paint off the cradle quick this disk worked best. forgot the real name of the tool

three coats of paint later and im ready to install it. dont know when the install will be....

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Man, its looking good. Its coming along nicely.