• carbon fiber lip

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • fuse box tuck

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
soooooooo im really bored and not very sober. might as well put up some updates!!!!
after putting in the d16y8 5000 miles later i got really bad rod knock and got my car towed home. found out piston three was slapping and knocking. so this time i decided that honda should build me a block instead of buying another motor off craigslist. 600 bucks later i had a fully rebulit shortblock from honda thanks to my best friend and the fact that his dad works at honda. the head off the second blown engine was put on this new motor due to the fact that all the parts in it were mechanically sound.
about a month later i decided to get a dc sport header because i found one for 100 bucks on craigslist. gives me literally no extra power but looks alot nicer. lol
during the engine swap i also added a viper alarm during the down time of waiting on the engine builder to finish. also added a voltage guage, oil temp, and oil pressure guage. all in my custom reapolstered dashboard ;)

NOW after finally getting 2 tickets dismissed (without having to pay a penny might i add) ive finally ordered some suspension for my car. Koni Str. T struts and D2 springs. should be here next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know this is an update without pichers but tomorrow there shall be plenty since im off work. just decided to update while i was bored and had time to write all this crap out. so dont hate you mofos :D

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hes finally back, but... wheres the pics?

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh yeah i have been forgetting to post pics. whoops. well heres a few to hold ya over till tomorrow when i can take some real pics. got my d2 springs but the strt struts were on back order so i upgraded to koni sport struts!!! just gotta make the final payment tomorrow and theyll be shipped!!!!!!!!!!!

D2 springs

ES bushings (already put the rest of the bushings in)

the guages i put in. (my camera sucks at night)

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
I like the orange tails on silver coupes, I might nab some for mine.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
So what did u do with those p29 pistions or did u already tell everyone i just missed it lol.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So what did u do with those p29 pistions or did u already tell everyone i just missed it lol.
theyre sitting in a box under my bed :( when my second engine blew i still didnt have all the parts i needed to build the block the way i wanted so i had to just get it freshened up so that i could get my car back on the road. soon i might have a high compression engine in my car. for now though im concentrating on suspension and brakes. then onto the motor. koni yellows will be here on tues!!!!! yeah i upgraded from strt struts on koni yellows. i think itll be worth the extra 222 bucks :cool:

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the orange tails on silver coupes, I might nab some for mine.
i personally hate the 96-98 tails except on green and red civics. the 50/50 tails look cleaner and simpler imo. and since i got the 50/50's for 40 bucks in mint condition, i cant complain :D

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i finally got around to lowering my civic once the koni yellows came in the mail. i gotta say, whoever designed the things is a genious! i love the fact that you can set the mounting point for the spring on the strut.

set the front struts to the lower mounting point since the front wasnt as low as the rear

dont think i could be any happier with this stance! the rear sits a tad higher than the front which is perfect imo. ride is really stiff but not bouncy which i lovee

CH33V5

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
Registered VIP
OMGZZ I can't wait to drop my silver coupe, they look so good dumped!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks! only thing i hate is backing out of my driveway and scraping my front lip :( im bout to just take it off and replace it with a cheap ebay one (since this one is real carbon fiber).

since ill be throwin on some ebay lips, im thinkin bout gettin funky with the paint. what if i painted the lips to look like caution tape???? i like stylin outside of the box :D

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im sorry if i missed it. what year is your car? and are those oem doors. i would prefer those kinda locks but thought they only came in the 99-00 dx

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a 97 civic dx. the handles are painted black but im soon gonna get some oem ones since i need new door panels too. gonna try and make it a full ex interior minus the sunroof

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like that your handles have the lock in them. i dont like my lock being on the door sill. hoping u or someone knows why they are differnt and if i can swap them

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sooooooooooo back from the dead. School and work have been killin me since i work a full time schedule and go to school full time. anyways, its payin off since ive gotten new goodies!!!! finished the rear disk swap, and finally got some new(ish) tires and hubcaps till i can get new tires for my eagle alloys. Also getting a Bisimoto replica header in the mail on Monday. Also went out and bought an 05 model intimidator. Not completely sure since my bestfriend is the one who put it all together for me (since hes the district technician for Paintball Central). Onto the Pichers!!!!!

More to come on monday!!!!

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Im kinda stumped at the moment. Im gonna be purchasing new internals for the extra motor that im building up. Its gonna be for boost, but the boost will be in the form of a supercharger. Im wanting to do a mildly high compression build for now, get that tuned, and then move on to installing the supercharger. With that being said would CP forged pistons and eagle rods be ideal? and im debating between 10.5:1 or 11.0:1. the reason for doing higher compression is because the supercharger is further down the road than the engine build. I have no interest in putting a turbo on this since its my dd and i have no insane power goals. Any input is welcome on helping choose the right internals for this engine. It will also be juiced before the supercharger, but it wont be any more than a 30 or 40 shot. thanks!!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im kinda stumped at the moment. Im gonna be purchasing new internals for the extra motor that im building up. Its gonna be for boost, but the boost will be in the form of a supercharger. Im wanting to do a mildly high compression build for now, get that tuned, and then move on to installing the supercharger. With that being said would CP forged pistons and eagle rods be ideal? and im debating between 10.5:1 or 11.0:1. the reason for doing higher compression is because the supercharger is further down the road than the engine build. I have no interest in putting a turbo on this since its my dd and i have no insane power goals. Any input is welcome on helping choose the right internals for this engine. It will also be juiced before the supercharger, but it wont be any more than a 30 or 40 shot. thanks!!
i recommend supertech forged 10.5:1 CR pistons. i used them in my build and they are great!

edit: also, they are coated and cost less than many other forged pistons

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i recommend supertech forged 10.5:1 CR pistons. i used them in my build and they are great!

edit: also, they are coated and cost less than many other forged pistons
how many miles have you put on your engine and are you n/a or boosted? just curious how your motors runnin since you built it.