My stock 05' Coupe... Fiji Blue Pearl

Hansolo

Noob Supreme
5+ Year Member
Hey all... this is actually my first post.

Is there a noobie / intro thread anywhere here?

Anyway, here is my new project. Stock with the exception of the AEM intake...

2005 Civic Coupe LX... Fiji Blue Pearl

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looking good, too bad about the auto, like that fuji blue

Hansolo

Noob Supreme
5+ Year Member
looking good, too bad about the auto, like that fuji blue

Yeah... that was always my favorite Honda color. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it and told myself that someday I would have a Civic that color...

Auto... yeah... sigh... :(

I'm a married 30 something / family guy. My wife let me go and get something I wanted under one condition... it had to be an automatic in case she ever had to drive it for anything. I know... I know... but if she's happy, I'm happy.

If I had my way COMPLETELY, I would have gotten a manual EX, SI or something like that...

The auto's not too bad for me. I am going to soop it up a bit (VTEC head... custom exhaust... possible Dezod turbo kit...), but it's not like I'm meeting the home boys on the strip at 2am on a Saturday morning for some drag racing... :mrgreen:

I am mostly going to focus on the looks. I will get myself lowered 2" (Tein flex coilovers / M.R's / or K.W.'s), then I will get some nice 17" rims (black / chrome combo), fog lights, grille mesh, new head and tail lights, etc...

I will just ACT fast and look goooood... ;)

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
and i bet she's never going to drive it.

I'm confused, i thought only the D17a2(ex) had the EGR Valve. :what:
and it's funny that it's sitting on ex wheels. which is why im a little confused.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice getting EX rims on your LX. Question, was that front end repainted? I ask b/c the fog light fillers shouldn't be body colored.

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, should be black like mine.
I wondered about that yesterday.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice getting EX rims on your LX. Question, was that front end repainted? I ask b/c the fog light fillers shouldn't be body colored.
Also, the lower front grill should be black as well. I hope it wasn't in an accident.

Hansolo

Noob Supreme
5+ Year Member
and i bet she's never going to drive it.

I'm confused, i thought only the D17a2(ex) had the EGR Valve. :what:
and it's funny that it's sitting on ex wheels. which is why im a little confused.

She had to once already...

Sigh...

Hmmmm... It has a D17A1 block (it's stamped on there)...

EGR valve huh? Hmmm,...

I am willing to bet the first buyer had those rims put on...

Weird. Cool though!

As far as the fog light covers, I don't know what to say about that... the paint job is even all over and the vehicle had a clean title.

Hansolo

Noob Supreme
5+ Year Member
Also, the lower front grill should be black as well. I hope it wasn't in an accident.

Like I said, when I checked car fax it had a clean title.

Also, I did not purchase the vehicle from a person, but from a Honda dealership. They sold me the car as a "certified pre-owned vehicle". It came with a nice warranty...

Don't know what else to say...

As far as the EGR valve, I think that's required on all vehicles in Cali now... standard...

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
unless they made it standard in 2005:what:, i know the 04 and previous didn't have them unless it was the EX.

Anyways, who cares lol just one thing i spotted different about yours.