my vtec isnt kicking on

95 lsvetec

hey guys im new to this site was looking for some help i have a 95 hatch with a lsvtec swap after the swap now my vtec wont kick on any suggestions?

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
You need oil pressure, vehicle speed, and I believe one more input to the ecu but I don't quite remember in order to get vtec to crack.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this may sound dumb but did you wait till your temp. gauge goes to normal? your motor won't engage vtec if it's cold

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
add oil. i know i'm low when it doesn't engage. :(

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wired up correctly?

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would change the selonoid, and if it still doesn't work................ I got nothing. seems like everything else is a no, so it must be the solenoid

1993hatch

5+ Year Member
My friend took the vtec solenoid out of a GSR cause it wasn't cracking and used carb cleaner on it and slapped that b***h back in there and low and behold he had VTEC, i tried the same thing on my friends celica GT-S and hot damn VTEC hit good and hard! that could be the prob, however, sounds like it needs to be replaced

00CivicSiblue

Is the check engine light coming on? My vtec wasnt hitting the other day just changed my oil two weeks ago i thought to myself wtfcould it not be it ended up being that the oil was very low when the day before it read full check it when its cold the at a good temp, youll get two different readings, maybe your ecu isnt wiredright or set right. If none of those work id say take to go have it looked at, is thevtech screen clogged???