my vtec light (video)

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no wonder i smoke d series ...they give up going into 4th gear....but nice light....i used to have one too....the bitches love it..haha

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no wonder i smoke d series ...they give up going into 4th gear....but nice light....i used to have one too....the bitches love it..haha
haha. yeah like seriously after you hit 100mph in 4th gear, your not gettin out of 4th unless you have a 10 mile stretch of perfectly smooth road lol. the fastest i've gone was 115 but then i gave up, i hit about 112 in one of those vids i just posted.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
they give up 1/2 way through 3rd gear man

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ya i have a vtec light i used to to see wtf was wrong with my damn vtec the sollinod worked the ecu worked but i was getting a weak signal from it the light would flicker and dimm got it fixed though one of the wires was barley cut open and grounding its self out

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice, but I prefer a shift light if anything.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i prefer to feel and hear vtec rather than take the word of a $2 LED

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly I can't believe they go that high and everything is okay. So if I keep driving my coupe only staying within 3500 RPM and lower will my coupe get great gas mileage and last to 300,000 miles plus!/1/:lol:

Crazy, I still can't believe what I saw and I feel dumb for not knowing this. So this doesn't damage the engine at all? I mean imagine snapping your timing belt at those RPMs or throwing a rod?!?

my b20 vtec made power up to 8500 rev limit at 9k nothing bad about it

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Too bad you can't hear VTAK a lot in the D-series.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not to sound so ignorant, but what's the point of the light??
:agreed: Unless you're deaf or you have no sense of feeling in your entire body, what's the point?

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would get confused and shift when the light came on...

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Guys I need help...not to thread jack but I attemtped to hook up my own vtec light and its not working....I did everything the DIY said...I took 8 gauge wire hooked it up to the LED, used a 330 ohm resistor on the positive end of the LED and then soldered that to the speaker wire as well as soldered the rseistor to the LED. I ran the wire through my dash to the ECU where I located the "Green with a yellow stripe" V-tec wire and used a tap-in to connect the positive end of the LED to it. I then grounded the other lead to the screw under the glove box like it said... what the f**k did I do wrong it won't work???
ok first off, its supposed to be 18 gauge wire lol. second you solder the resister in line with the ground wire, not the positive lead. Also make sure you used the right ground, you can just take off the bolt holding the ecu to the body, strip some of the ground wire off and ground it to that. that should make everything work.