My windshield wipers WONT STOP!

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So yesterday i was driving home, and it was raining, so i obiously had my wipers on.
When i get home, and i turned them off, i noticed they stopped halfway on the front glass (as in, not laying down, resting position) but i was tired, and cold, so i was like "f**k it" and went inside to sleep.

This morning, i had something to do, it was not raining, so i dont need my wipers, i was driving and the wipers just started moving, so i was like "oh, i prbly forgot to turn them off" but when i looked, they were on the OFF position.

I had to take the fuse out, but seriously, there needs to be a better way.

I am REALLY short in money, so how the hell do i fix this?

ryanM

if it were my car?

i would sell it and get another one.

i hate electrical gremlins like that.

my car used to have a similar issue. when i would press the brakes my rear wiper would start wiping, and then stop when let back off the brakes. BUT if i shut the car off while the brake pedal was depressed it would stay going.. even though the car was OFF and the key was out.

i solved it by getting a hatch that didnt have a rear wiper.

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Seriously... someone... help...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
check your switch dude

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if it were my car?

my car used to have a similar issue. when i would press the brakes my rear wiper would start wiping, and then stop when let back off the brakes. BUT if i shut the car off while the brake pedal was depressed it would stay going.. even though the car was OFF and the key was out.

:rolf:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if it were my car?

f**kin hate electrical gremlins like that, so true. My Camaro is like that, it just sucks electrically. Im getting rid of it.

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My father says it may be the switch too...

so, i guess i can get it at the Honda dealership?

And in a scale 1 - 10, how hard is it to remplace?

And, any tutorials around here?

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Before buying a new switch, unplug the one in there now and see if the wipers stop. Then plug it back in and see if they start again. If they don't stop at all it could be some relay, or maybe even the motor. Start isolating parts of the wiper system and see what happens.

hondamnit99

5+ Year Member
Before buying a new switch, unplug the one in there now and see if the wipers stop. Then plug it back in and see if they start again. If they don't stop at all it could be some relay, or maybe even the motor. Start isolating parts of the wiper system and see what happens.
:word:^ there ya go. this dudes got the right idea.

Alberto521

Just call me Alberto
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, thanks man... noob question... to remove the switch... i just pull really hard?