Naming your car!? have you?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok, so the kids I associate with have informed me that the day you get your car (or finish it in my case) you are to name it...

First I would want to ask if any of you have done this, and what it is... I'm assuming a woman's name or something funny...

Secondly I called my 93 si " the bastard" for the longest time for issues with the swap.. but now it needs a change.. any suggestions?

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i never give any of my cars names that's only reserved for old school muscle cars if you ask me

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"The panty puller"

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha I'm guessing winki because you had a headlight out

The only reason I ask this Q is my father and I (from a young age really him and I handed parts and tools) built a 72 dart 442 and its name was cammy cuz it had HUGE cams barely sounded like it ran when started... just

just didn't know if it was common place in the tuner world as well

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've met plenty of people who name their cars. It's definitely not reserved for a certain type or style of vehicle. I think those might only be the ones we remember most often or hear of most often from family and pop culture.

My '98's name is Cherry. My mom's old PT Cruiser was named Hammy, but I'm not sure what the new Audi's name it.

Eran had named his hatch too (I remember him telling me the name), but he can't remember what it was. It was a woman's name.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Everyone just calls my car the Honda. I remember when I was younger my parents cars all had names

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i named my old crx, big bertha.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The only name for cars I ever had were usually derogatory.

The Firebird was referred to as the Fire-chicken or more often the pukin'-chicken

After my kid threw up in my Integra it was referred to as the "Vomintegra"

My wife's PT Cruiser GT is the laggin'-wagon.

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hm ...honda = maybe my japanesse b$#ch perhaps?

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just call my car "her" or "she". Like "she" needs a wastegate and a BOV and shes done. Sometimes call it "the SI"