Nardi Steering Wheel

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Hey CC,

Well in my Cressida/Ae86 trade, im thinking about keeping my supra wheels and the guy is thinking about keeping his nardi steering wheel. He really wants the wheels, and offered to buy the parts the AE needs to get fixed. He doesn't seem to be too attached to the nardi but I wondered....are they any good? retail value is around 300 I believe . I've never used an aftermarket wheel such as momo or nrg. any at all really, so has anyone used nardi? specs? pros/cons?

*any input on my supra wheels is also appreciated but stick to the question about the nardi*

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nardi is good. That is all

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I will be getting a nardi wheel for my civic. Heard nothing but good things about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do they have to offer over stock?
Ergonomic designs, grip depending on material, different diameters. If you only consider it because of the look then don't waste your time.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Ergonomic designs, grip depending on material, different diameters. If you only consider it because of the look then don't waste your time.
Don't care for looks, im more looking for what performances it can enhance as opposed to the stock wheel. If it can offer better grip and ergonomics then im fine with it.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought mine as a theft deterrent, take it off when places and put on hub lock.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
I bought mine as a theft deterrent, take it off when places and put on hub lock.
I will be keeping this in mind...Has anyone done any DIY's for this. I'm going to do a big build with the AE so whatever hasn't been covered I'm thinking about doing...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DIY for a steering wheel quick release on an AE on a civic site? No there isn't one here.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
DIY for a steering wheel quick release on an AE on a civic site? No there isn't one here.
I meant DIY in general for most things to do during a complete build up. Of course it will vary since I would be using an AE but it would be the gist visually and "step-wise", and I would also give the info on what would be needed on a civic but guess not. I'll leave it to the Official DIY's on the site.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U need a diy for changing a steering wheel? :what:

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
U need a diy for changing a steering wheel? :what:
:smackself: No! not me, I just meant in general, as a complete build up of every system on a car.(ie the interior for one and )I asked if it would be good to go over the small things like the Nardi for newcomers, but I guess everyone on this site is either really good at building up cars or you guys have complete build DIY stickies already.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are diy's for steering wheels and/or quick releases from years ago. There aren't many things that haven't be done. Some are better made diy's than others, but that's about it.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
There are diy's for steering wheels and/or quick releases from years ago. There aren't many things that haven't be done. Some are better made diy's than others, but that's about it.
Thanks! that's all I really needed to know. Haven't looked in the DIY section because im out and im not getting a decent signal to navigate. So I guess I wont be doing a build thread, oh well ha-ha :drive: