ne0tas's 4 Door Ek

ne0tas

Hey guys starting a thread for my car for whatever I wish to do to it, ask questions and put stuff that I do to it into this thread. I will post pics when I can (it looks kinda bad right now) but for now it's mine =)

edit: got a shitty pic. it's not much but it's all my broken phone can do

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats ur plans? Wheres the pics?

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
Hey guys starting a thread for my car for whatever I wish to do to it, ask questions and put stuff that I do to it into this thread. I will post pics when I can (it looks kinda bad right now) but for now it's mine =)
:nopics:

ne0tas

Alright so i didn't grt to take any pics because of turkey day but i will upload a pic of the outside and interior when i wash my car tomorrow and clean it up a bit. For now ill post some pics i already have and some problems with it i have

Well first thing that was wrong with it when i first got it was that the fuel guage didnt show the correct fuel amount. Previous pwner told us it was the fuel sending unit so i got it replaced and it still showed the samr fuel amount. Went to the honda dealership and got it inspected. They concluded it was the fuel guage itself and got the rotor and plugs+wires replaced.

Also got the tranny fluid changed and man it shifted like butter after. Mind you i only replaced what was in the tranny case and not the torque converter. It smelled really burnt and it was really black when i saw it come out. Gross!

I started school a few months ago and i travel 35 miles one way and now im racking up miles. About 3k every 6 weeks. I adjusted my valves because they were pretty chatty and it went away for a but now one valve rocker is chatting up again a lot louder than it did before.

I noticed a small hairline crack in the rad on top of about 1/4-1/5 of the rad. At first it was just some crusty coolant but now it just leaks out whenever the heat turns up in the rad. I know i need to get it replaced very soon but im kinda broke :s

There is also a ton of oil under the dizzy and all over the top of the transmission+the side of that engine so either a bit of coolant is leaking out from there or oil from the dizzy which i have no idea how to fix.

It also has seemed to lose power over the <20k miles ive had it. I might change the pcv valve but im nit sure if it will help. I heard it helps with idle issues which sometimes i do have it (like idle at like 200rpm or rpm surging)

I guess thats it for meow. Im a bit lazy to upload some pics from mobile right now to br honest sorry ill get on it as soon as i can lol

ne0tas

Well the crack in my radiator got worse. (it's in between the honda motor words)

I bought a new one from Autozone for 80 bucks plus another ~30 for hoses and 12 for one bottle of antifreeze. Plus a pcv valve for when my next oil change comes up.

I had decided to do it tonight in the dark, which was my first mistake lol it was so hard doing everything one handed with a flashlight in one hand.

Well I was in a hurry so when I put the rad in I realized I hadn't flushed out the motor by letting it run for ten minutes with the heater on (Doh!) and I also forgot to put the fan on :P looks so much cleaner without the oem fan lol I wish I could just run it that way.
Anyways, would I still be okay if I don't flush out the rest of the crap that was in the motor? (it was veeeery dark and dirty) or should I just go ahead and reflush the engine/rad? which would I guess cost me another jug of coolant. If I don't get the coolant the money can go towards an ebay aftermarket rad fan :D

ne0tas

Whats ur plans? Wheres the pics?
Well I will be doing an auto to manual swap with an s40 tranny sometime in 2013 then maybe a DD turbo with low boost.

When I graduate from my school and get a good job then I will be doing either an F20b swap or a j35a4 swap from an Odyssey with a tsx lsd tranny

CO671

Registered VIP
A clean slate, nice pick up. I'm a student as well (high school) so I understand how you need that daily commuter but want to build it! Cool you're doing your homework, and hopefully when the time comes everything is slammed in and satisfying! Good luck man.

CO671

Registered VIP
Ouch, the colors going to be so off, I would've just looked for a used one that's already the same color as your stock paint. The fitment may be slightly off (probably) since it's not genuine, but made from a mold. Paint it before you slam it on!

ne0tas

I'll try and find a paint that can match up to my car lol I mostly got it for better airflow though. The original one looked so restrictive so I removed it and I'll be putting it on when it comes and wait for some extra cash so I can buy a can

ne0tas

Also, I read in your CRV thread that you got a crv cluster and put it into your Civic? Would one fit into mine? How much did you pay for yours? OEM replacements are too expensive for me and ebay Civic clusters are also expensive

ne0tas

Update: So I got that Type R grille and it didn't fit, nor did it even have the holes on the bottom for the bumper. Returned it and I'm waiting for the refund. Also bought some fog lights for this weather from Ebay and I'm a bit confused on the harness, I think I have the idea on how it goes but I'm not sure. Can someone wish to chime me in on if I'm correct on this? Quick answer is appreciatted I have to do it before I leave for school tomorrow

ne0tas

Also found out that my tranny is starting to leak, thought it was my oil drain plug for the motor but nope. Put it up on ramps to tighten it up and saw it was the tranny. I hope it can last another 6+ months until I can pony up for the s40 tranny swap :s

ne0tas

Need some info in case if my engine kills itself im going to be doing a cheap b18b swap what would i need to do? I would eveeything be plug and play?

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
Start from the left side of the car with the battery. Connect the red wire (power wire) to the battery, move your way across and line up the two connectors to the foglights on the bumper. The black wire on the driver side fog is the ground wire, loosen a screw on the hood latch and ground it there. Run the rest of the wire into your car through the rubber grommet. Now make your self into the car under the steering wheel remove the lower panel. The yellow wire goes into your empty fuse slot, black wire ground it to that metal piece and connect the red wire together and the switch is self explanatory. Hope that wasnt too confusing =)

ne0tas

I got them in took longer than expected because i didnt have the right cutting tool. I only had a metal cutting thing so the cut on the bumper is pretty shitty but it works. I accidentlt cut off thr top screw holding place so i need a new bumper. Also i didnt have a drill so the top plate is only being held in by that little latch and the light isnt fully exposed but its whatever. I need to cut a bit more for the lights to fit properly and find a nice sized drill to drill the hole. Wiring is shitty aldo but im not going to have time to do it until this weekemd. Ill post pics sometime tomorrow