ne0tas's 4 Door Ek

freshasfck

vtakkk
Registered VIP
I got them in took longer than expected because i didnt have the right cutting tool. I only had a metal cutting thing so the cut on the bumper is pretty s***ty but it works. I accidentlt cut off thr top screw holding place so i need a new bumper. Also i didnt have a drill so the top plate is only being held in by that little latch and the light isnt fully exposed but its whatever. I need to cut a bit more for the lights to fit properly and find a nice sized drill to drill the hole. Wiring is s***ty aldo but im not going to have time to do it until this weekemd. Ill post pics sometime tomorrow
Yea the cutting can be a little hard if you dont have the right tools. Just go with the best option and ziptie it together since you dont have anything to screw it to. Wiring is actually the easy part and will take you about 10mins . Its just the cutting.

ne0tas

Well wiring took a bit longer than that because the plug wouldnt fit into the fuse box so i had to just slam it in with the top end of my screw driver. The front bumper just has taken such a beating, i'm considering buying a front bumper off craigslist or something and have someone else cut if for me and in the future replace the whole thing for an oem fog light kit from honda.
Also im going ro be working for the next month or two and i may be able to get all the parts for an auto to manual swap but i dont wanna mess anything up so i was wondering how much it would cost to have someone else do the swap for me?

ne0tas

Alsoim picking up an Si cluster for 140 off craigslist. Reasonable price and with that i can finally see how much gas i axtually have. Yay!!

emerican

Registered VIP
damn idk how it is around there but thats really expesive for a cluster around me
and an auto to manual swap in a shop would not be cheap in the least price depends on what shops around you charge per hour. around me it ranges from 60 dollars an hour and goes up from there.

ne0tas

Its the cheapest working one ive seen, ever. Ebay ones go for 200+ easy and broken ones are usually 100 bucks here in la. Sucks but oh well its la lol

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I really liked my manual ex coupe one but the si is way more cool. But when you put it in be careful of those dash clips and second you will have left over wires (one plug for gear light) just so you know =)

ne0tas

Thanks for the tip!

Ive been pondering and need some insight. I dont really /need/ a manual tranny but i do need the car to be running good for a while. So i was thinking about doing a compression and leakdown test to see if things are in good standings. If they are good then i was thinking of buying a used d16y8 head and rebuild it myself and add in a delta regrind cam like 264's or something that doesnt require a tune.(also i dont really understand the numbers of the camshaft and stuff can someone help me with that?) And maybe a thinner headgasket to bump the compression up just a bit.
If the compression/leakdoen test show bad signs then i was thinking of either buying a cheap b18 or another y8 and just rebuild it myself on my spare time and add in the delta cams as well.

ne0tas

Alright so i met tue guy and i was too tired and frustrated so he put the dash in for me and give him my ex one lol he was pretty chill though. So i also found out that IT STILL DOESNT SHOW THE RIGHT GAS AMOUNT WTF!! i changed the fuel sending unit, got it checked at Honda and they said it was the gauge so i replace it and it still isnt working. Im frustrated lol does anyone know what else could be the problem? Oh and the Si gauge is sexy btw :3 if i had a computer i would upload a good pic but im only on my phone v-v

ne0tas

I dont feel like spending two bucks on an app lul besides i have a ton of acounts and i have no idea which one is my main one for my phone :/

ne0tas

Alright so i talked to someone at school who works at a lexus dealership and he said it could be a wiring problem which seems plausible. Does anyone know where i can get the wiri g diagram for the fuel sending unit?

emerican

Registered VIP
did you try searching the internet for it just to see if you could find it?
if not i know that Honda or somebody doing one for hondas has an app for smartphones not sure exactly what its called, but it has all kinds of diagrams and such for all kinds of years of Honda. i actually used that app to figure out the 02 sensor wire for my a/f gauge when i did it.
it was on my buddies phone who was helping me do my gauges slim fan etc and i remember him saying it was free.

ne0tas

Tried to find it but i couldnt find it in the market place. Do you have an iPhonr or android?

Also i found this diagram. http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu115/RonJ_HT/picture_4259.jpg

How can i test it exactly? I dont want to take the fuel sending unit out again it was a pain gettinf it to fit in the correct position when putting it in. I have a voltmeter thag i got from my school but i dont know how to use it lul i dont know how i shoild test it either

ne0tas

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b10be405cd5f4dfb21fb67abd3c72b6b/tumblr_meoxeraFIK1qk6h39o1_500.jpg

Heres a pic of the cluster. The redline rpm numbers look a bit faded from the sun or something but its real good for me.
Also im starting my search for a head to fully rebuild and add in a cam regrind from delta. I was thinking of 260 lift cams, something i can use without tuning/chipping the ecu and possibly if my gf leaves for christmas to work overtime to buy a short block and possibly put in some higher compression pistons and combine it with the rebuilt head.

Also add in a d17 crank which will be a nice ans fun dd

ne0tas

Man im so indecisive lol i feel like i can do a b18b swap the extra hp/tq would be nice. I know im prob gonna change my mind later but w/e. The full kit from hmmotorsonline looks good and i might be able to get the hook up since the guy i bought the Si cluster from has a cousin that works for hm. My motor is startint to act odd now, so i think it is best for me to swap in a new motor

ne0tas

Hey so it's been a while since i've posted life got busy anyways, the car hasn't really changed much other than the vtec solenoid leaking like crazy.

Also, I picked up a '97 D16y8 block today with the intentions of stroking it with a d17 crank and upping the compression to around 11:1-11.5:1 so I can run it on 91 and have a fun dd that can actually get up to speed when trying to pass someone xD

Anyways what I plan on doing is shaving .09 off the block and .16 off the head and adding in .5 oversize lx d17 pistons and rods (the sleeves are honed to 75.5) to achieve the 11.0-11.5 compression ratio.

I have a couple of concerns though, I am scared that because its a 97 block that I wont be able to use it in my 99 civic? and would I have to tune my car to be able to make this work? If so how can I do it? would I have to do an obd2 to obd1 jumper harness mod?

Here's some pics

There's a small crack but I'm not too concerned with it.

It was notched for bigger rods.

ne0tas

Would you consider the block worthless with that crack? If I had seen it when I picked it up from the guy I wouldn't have bought it :/

ne0tas

So I talked to some guys over at d-series.org and they said that it's just a casting flaw so I'm keeping the block and continuing on with my build.