nedd a cheap hp boost for a d15b7

Cypress

probably 2.5 inch, only get 3 if you're turbo or doin lots of mods that are gonna push that much exhaust through there. You don't want too much area or you lose power. Basically you want a tight pull that pulls all your engine can give but not asking for more. I like my Megan Racing exhaust. I'm pretty new at this too, but its worked well for me. If you want to dish out money get skunk2 or dc, couldn't tell you if you'll see any more gains from em though. Get it online. Hope that helps.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not giving you a smart remark by any means, you dont need to be so sensitive. Im simply stating that you keep asking questions and many of us know that the answers are out there. you just have to use the search button and google. We hear these types of questions on a daily basis.

Also, i helped to answer your question. turbo or not is a important factor. you want a answer, we need to know the situation your working with. To be honest, unless you plan on going turbo in the future. your wasting money on a catback, you might see 5hp with a i/h/e setup if your lucky. but also to answer your question, i recommend you go on youtube and listen to them. What you are asking is a opinion, so there is no correct answer

Believe it or not, ive helped you the entire way through this

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well thanks for the advice. If I cut my cat out will it make my check engine light come one?
Um im actually not sure, i know with obd2 it will since there are 2 o2 sensors, but i would recommend you dont. Its illegal and not worth the ticket you would get if your caught. I dont think it will though. im pretty sure the o2 sensor is before the cat and not after. Even if it does come on, they make cel light eliminators. look up the sparkplug non-fouler trick

And sorry if i offended you, just we get these questions a lot so i know if you try searching and actually try you can find your answer. Just remember, any question you have, it has been asked multiple times before lol no idea is really new in the honda community. sorry i offended you

GreySkullEG6

On an obd1 d15 the o2 sensor is before the cat so no check engine light, cutting out your cat and replacing it with a test pipe will definitely give you some extra hp but then youll have trouble passing emmisions

93civicloco

93 coupe
Its all good I tried to look these questions up but I just keep finding the same thing questions answered by other questions nothing straight forward and I'm just tryin to get ideas together now to see what would be best before I tare my motor apart for nothing but thanks for the advice is there any cams that would make a difference in this motor that I could pull out of another like u can do on the 240sx?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eh i wouldnt waste money on that, in the end you probably wouldnt be happy with it. Your better off either getting a swapped together, or preparing a motor for boost. it sucks with a d series because your options are so limited. even a fully built n/a high compression setup wont yield all that much hp wise.

GreySkullEG6

ya if I were you I would just look into doing a b series swap you can buy B20 long blocks for like 400 and B18c vtec heads for 200 or so.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you want more power you have to spend more money.

Look around the site more, look at peoples build threads. Get ideas on what you want to do. Doing your own research and then asking questions on what you don't understand will help you more.

Cypress

Well, I just did my cam and it is pretty sweet even if it's just stage 1. if you have the tech know how i would do it. You can get a stage 3 plus springs and retainers for about 600 probably. That would be big. I think. You don't have to worry about all the other stuff involved with engine swap either, like tranny for one and whatever else I'm sure there is a lot.

Cypress

250 on ebay comp cam street. i bought springs but the tool i rented didn't work and i didn't need em so i didn't install, they were 180 though. The retainers were roughly the same as the springs. If you're going stage 1 (street) you don't need to upgrade springs or retainers.

Cypress

Well, I crashed the car less than 30 minutes after installation so I'm not really too sure. I took it out last night though and it seemed like i got quite a bit. It sounds like a race car. Acceleration was pretty crazy, but theres been a knock in my engine since the crash so I'm afraid to rev it too high. I'm changing the oil tonight and hopefully gonna figure out what I'm getting from the insurance claim tomorrow so I can let you know more accurately in a few days.

If you have exhaust and intake upgrades and you put in a stage 2 or 3 cam you will see big gains. Period. Remember though, for those you are going to need springs and retainers. The guys on this sight are right though, if you want serious gains you may as well get a bigger engine. After bolt on's and engine upgrades the only way to give the d16 real power is with turbo or nitrous and even then it wall fall far short of a similarily upgraded b or h or k. If you want to have a fast, fun car and don't want to drop 2g's on an engine, get creative and do mods.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well he has a d15 so he could do all this in a y8 which will take him from a 1.5 to a 1.6 also

Cypress

Well, you might as well swap in some power if you're gonna do a swap, buuuut around the twin cities area you can find full d16s ready to go for 500 or less. I think I've seen some for as low as 300.

Cypress

Man, you're gonna have to figure that one out yourself, frankly I don't even know what kind of cams are available for a d15...

1sikcivic --- could he put a y8 head onto the d15? That might be good enough. Then he could do the sohc vtec mods at least. I bought a d16 head for $75 so they're cheap. I dunno, I'm in over my head on this one.