Need A/C Plate!

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hi Guys

I am looking for a plate from the civic models that did not come with A/C. I have seen this plastic plate at junkyards and a few of some civics riding around town. i guess it replaces the a/c unit in the front of the bumper, allowing water not to enter the engine bay. does anyone know what this plate is called, a part number, or where i can buy it? i know it comes from honda for sure but i cant seem to locate it under their parts list.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wish i could help, but shoot, I have never seen one before.

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never seen one before. Since you said it came one cars without AC. Lets start there. Which years and trims didn't come with AC as standard? It would make it easier to find knowing that.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have seen them at the junkyard, why not just buy one there?
BTW, i have never seen what your describing... maybe you mean the condenser?

KielJG

5+ Year Member
What you are looking for is the blockoff for the A/C condenser. It came on all the CX hatchbacks with no A/C, I was hoping I had a pic, but I have none that show it. Part # is 74149-SR3-000, but you can just make one like I did out of thin plastic. You'll also need 4 push pin clips part # 91512-SM4-003 or you can just pick up some from a part store the right size.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats the one. honda has them going for like $30. where did you buy the plastic to make yours?

KielJG

5+ Year Member
I don't even know, it was leftovers from something. Home Depot or any hardware store should have what you need.