Need Advice After Civic Overheated

KevinTruong

Hello everyone.

First of all, I hope I've posted this in the correct section. Forgive me If I haven't. I'm ok with it being moved to its correct forum section if need be.

Anyways, I own a 2004 Honda Civic. This car has been great to me since I purchased it used from a buddy just over a year ago. It's fulfilled its job quite well, while sparing me any headache. However, just yesterday my car overheated on me. When I got home I inspected its radiator and found that this part was to blame. It showed signs of leakage and a majority of the fins were severely bent. I know that replacement is my only option at this point, but before I do so, I'd like some advice. I've decided to purchase an aftermarket version online, but don't know which companies are reputable. I've found two that I particularly like but before I buy from one of them, I'd like some sort of verification that they are a legitimate business. I almost never buy anything online so I don't know how to spot a scam, and I can't afford to be scammed.

Has anyone dealt with either of the following companies and can verify that they are a legitimate company? Thanks in advance.

http://www.radiatorspot.com/honda/civic/radiators.html#MjQyNDI
or
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQHondaQQCivicQQCSFQQRadiatorQQ20032005QQCSF2977.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&apwidt746Dbu

RonJ

Banned
Describe the severity of the overheating incident.

Have you compared prices and convenience at your local auto parts stores?

shinobi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you track your car alot? if not, i would just go with another oem one. a buddy of mine put in a mishimoto radiator with aftermarket hoses in his 240sx and seriously i did not notice any difference. he occasionally does autox.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your for sure its the radiator just order one off ebay..cheap, does the job..i have one off ebay and i've had no problems with mine at all