Need advice from boosted h22 guys.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well in the future my plans are boost and I need some advice from you h22 boosted folks. I want to plan a full build..that means EVERYTHING..upwards of a 10k build..now should I do a high comp. build then boost or build and do low comp.? If I was able to do a high comp. build I'd like to do about 8-10 psi. And if I was going with low comp. I'd want about 14-18 psi. Which route should I go?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
high comp supercharged =)

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You mention boost with an H22, I'd sleeve and run a low comp, mid (12-14ish) psi for some strength. I hear FRM sucks, but thats just from a noobish, 'never-owned-but-always-drooled-over' H22 fan.

Talk to Hecz or PhntmSk8r for some real advice, I think they both have H22 experience or actually own the motors.

efeder

High compression and boost dont go together........ at all. I would say dont go any higher than 9.5:1 or maybe if your feeling luck 10-10.5:1. Plus high compression + boost is more difficult to tune

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats true, and you have to run a lot lower of boost. I have seen some mean high compression FI cars though lol

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sleeve it, run no more than 10:1 compression and run whatever psi gets you to where you want to be hp wise

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You mention boost with an H22, I'd sleeve and run a low comp, mid (12-14ish) psi for some strength. I hear FRM sucks, but thats just from a noobish, 'never-owned-but-always-drooled-over' H22 fan.

Talk to Hecz or PhntmSk8r for some real advice, I think they both have H22 experience or actually own the motors.
I have a 5th gen prelude so I "own" the motor too?

high comp supercharged =)
I know man. I'd love too but I don't feel like driving around in constant worry about my belt breaking.

Buuuuuut I like the supercharged idea...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ha if only superchargers didnt eat gas because of constant boost

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member