Need advice on my exterior options.

What should I do?

• Trade my tsunami kit for a OEM kit plus cash?

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • Keep what I got?

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I finally got my car back on the road and now one of my friends wants to trade parts. He wants to trade my bodykit for his OEM kit plus cash on his side. He hasn't said how much cash and I have no idea how much to ask for. His car is the same color, same year as mine so its a perfect match. I had a black si sometime ago with the si lip kit and really liked that look. I also love the look of mine and I know this is a OEM only type of forum but I want a non-biase opinion. I paid $1000 for the kit and $500 for the paint job. The paint as some wear on it and from looking at his, its pretty much mint. If I do get the OEM kit the 17's are going BYE BYE and going with a smaller rim. So here is a pic of my car so let me know what you think and if I should do the trade how much. Oh and my headlights are going bye bye one day anyways so no need to make comments on them.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go back to oem, go with classic mugen lips all around, black-housing headlamps, oem foggies, ditch the eyelids asap. and for rims: Advan RG2s in 15" bronze.
http://machiii.net/wheels/AVS/RG2.htm

PLmatt91

5+ Year Member
Trade your kit in and wheels too, and get money and do a whole new look. Like, no body kits or stuff like that. Clean stuff.

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The tsunami kit is WAY too over the top, imho.... Go back to OEM, but keep the wheels for a bit and see if you like how it works with the changes....

dented

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm like everyone else, i say go oem. you should do what you want though, because you're the one that has to put up with it. if you like the kit, but love oem, go oem. if you don't like oem as much as the kit, stay with the kit. hope this helps lol.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
eh...thats tough. you have a well done body kit....I think it looks good. i'd keep it..IMO

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like everything except the front end. If you got new oem headlights and ditched the eyelids, then a cwest c-4 bumper would look awesome. So i guess keep everything but the eyelids, headlights, and front bumper.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
The tsunami kit is WAY too over the top, imho.... Go back to OEM, but keep the wheels for a bit and see if you like how it works with the changes....
+1

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you talking about when you say OEM kit, just stock bumpers or stock bumpers with OEM lips?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are two totally different looks.. i cant imagine why you would start at stock.. mod it in such an extreme way (visually).. all so you could later go back to stock?

so for US to tell you what YOUR car should look like is useless.. because the answer is simple.. YOUR car should look as YOU want it to..

and yes.. i read and understand you question.. but i think the answer is really as simple as just "create the look YOU want"

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Of the two choices, I voted the first. but only cuz of the front bumper, the rest of the kit work awsome with the wheels.(got a BMW feel) I'd just change the front to something cleaner BS/AW maybe:what: That would be the first kitted 6th gen I thought was hot. But hey, it's all you;)

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Keep it the way it is.. I think it looks good, and is not all JDM like others.

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id keep the rims for a little while to see how everything pans out. go back to stock with some lips and stay clean and under the radar.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've actually seen some cars look okay with the Tsunami kit... but not green. Maybe some of the sportier colors so to say. I'd go back to stock. Bronze or gold wheels look great with Clover Green Pearl too btw.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
they are two totally different looks.. i cant imagine why you would start at stock.. mod it in such an extreme way (visually).. all so you could later go back to stock?

so for US to tell you what YOUR car should look like is useless.. because the answer is simple.. YOUR car should look as YOU want it to..

and yes.. i read and understand you question.. but i think the answer is really as simple as just "create the look YOU want"
+ 1 :D

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'va had the car for 5years. The kit, I put on 1year after owning the car. I like the look but it has been the same for years. I love the sides and rear bumper. I do agree that the front bumper and headlights have to go. I had a 99 si with oem lip kit and blacked out headlights and then I sold that car to finish my motor swap on the green car. The green car was less in insurance and I knew everything about the car, previous owner, who did the work to the car(me) clean title, and I wasn't sure about the SI so I sold the SI instead. I was just asking about the change because I loved the look I had on the black si but I also like my look now other then the front end. a friend of mine was offering his oem kit plus cash for mines and it got me thinking. But I am also thinking about keeping the car the way it is, doing a good detail on it and then selling it. Think I just want another project really, plus I need to pay things off. If I had some things paid off I would def. keep this car and continue on with it but being out of debt is far better then any car.