Need advice on which is a more reliable conversion.

Caleb.N

Howsit Clubcivic:D

I was going thru the forum today, and geez you guys know ur hondas lol. so i decided to join in. I need advice, im planning on embarking on a new challenge. i purchased a 2000 honda civic coupe last year august, my plan was to buy it to build a beast. the body was really clean thats all i was looking for coz it has a 150i engine that im going to replace. i decided between a b18 vtec or b20 vtec and later on gona turbo it . i need to know which of these 2 engines are more reliable. thanks guys

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
If they were side by side in a lab, set up perfectly with out error or flaws of any kind, they'll both be as reliable as death and taxes. In other words, they'll both last forever in a perfect setting. If either fail in a real world test, it likely won't be the fault of the motor but rather an outside influence. Tune, maintenance, owner, ect.

Which you choose to use should be based on $$$ and goals. Good luck man! :thumbs up

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Actually the b18 vtec will be more reliable. As stated above in stock form both are as reliable as can be, but since a b20 vtec isn't stock that leaves more possibilities for problems. Does that mean it won't be reliable? Absolutely not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn:

Shinta

5+ Year Member
Actually the b18 vtec will be more reliable. As stated above in stock form both are as reliable as can be, but since a b20 vtec isn't stock that leaves more possibilities for problems. Does that mean it won't be reliable? Absolutely not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Unless op is referring to a b18c. Lsv isn't stock aswell. Both engines built right should last, but keep in mind neither of the engines was meant to be reved to high heaven. Unless of course it was built to handle the situation.