Need advice with ECU

hondarider91

5+ Year Member
its a d15b and i wanna chip an ecu and i can only find one for that ecu and i dont wanna go vtec now cuz im gunna build a b series this summer and put it in there next winter

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a d15b and i wanna chip an ecu and i can only find one for that ecu and i dont wanna go vtec now cuz im gunna build a b series this summer and put it in there next winter
i thought d15b was vtec motor?

hondarider91

5+ Year Member
ya there is not a vtec solinoid it looks like some1 capped it in there front yard how else would i be able 2 tell if it is vtec

mikedeasyidk

5+ Year Member
ya there is not a vtec solinoid it looks like some1 capped it in there front yard how else would i be able 2 tell if it is vtec
Well I mean if there isn't a vtec soleniod then does it even matter if it's vtec? It's not like it's going to work

hondarider91

5+ Year Member
well ive been workin on the car at my school shop and weve had today and yesturday off so when i go back on monday im gunna look into it and see if i cant find something on the wiring harness and is there a way i can tell if its vtec by looking at the inside of the head

95CivyHatch

if it has the spark plugs in the back its non vtec i have the same motor in my car.. good advice keep the stock ecu in it keep it reliable i have a d15b7 with an ex tranny running a stock ecu and it get great gas mileage even with bolt ons!!

hondarider91

5+ Year Member
ya im not sure on the hole vtec it has been caped off and i think i might just put a vtec wire harness and solenoid i got layin around

95CivyHatch

wrong sir...
my motor is vtec, and it dose not say it on the vc...

you have a D15B7, and if you put a vtec ECU in it, it will throw a CEL and probably run like crap.
it will not throw a code i had to run a vtec ecu in my hatch on my d15b7 until i got the right ecu it never threw a code for me and it ran fine just ran a lil rich

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will not throw a code i had to run a vtec ecu in my hatch on my d15b7 until i got the right ecu it never threw a code for me and it ran fine just ran a lil rich
ummm.... if it dosent have a vtec solenoid or pressure switch, it should throw a code for them, since they arent plugged in.